997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

why is white worse resale?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:23 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
why is white worse resale?

i think white looks good.
i never like it in the 996 99-01 models but with 02-on it's been looking sweet.
but can't imagine a white porsche having worse resale value than a green one. please explain if u have some insight that i could use.

white is my first choice in color. :-)

Old 11-03-2006, 01:30 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
White does not age well with the car lookswise unless your sporting a GT3 where it looks fantastic. Its all a preference but values show that white is harder to dump than silver, black etc.

Most people wont take a risk on a color hence safe colors are the most common and therefore will be in more demand in the used market.

I love white, but just cant bring myself to spec it vs. colors like GT Silver.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:59 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
For me white is the best color in all cars also here in Saudi Arabia most people like it. White with red interior is the best colors combo . People in the states like colors like gray with gray which is for me the worst. People are different and each person has his own style

Old 11-03-2006, 04:39 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
with everything else being equal, the product that more people are willing to buy will be worth more. simply, white is probably one of the least favored colors on a 911 (not real sure why since its one of the best selling colors on most other cars). so therefore it will be harder to sell, hence the lower value. most other cars, black, silver and white hold value better.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:46 PM
btromp is on a distinguished road
Just my opinion but get you want and don't worry about resale value. White is already a bit cheaper than the metallic colors so you've already saved a bit by just choosing white. It's your car and you're paying a lot for it. Get your first choice! You won't regret it.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:25 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i am not worried about the resale value, in fact when i got my 330ci everyone told me the same thing but when i sold it, i did not have any trouble. i was just rying to understand that green, blue or some colors (besides blk, red, yellow, silver) having higher resale value. It was just more of my curiosity to find out why. maybe i was missing something.

Abdullah,
when i was living in Jeddah, i think 85% of all cars were white. It was majority. i too think white looks awesome

Old 11-03-2006, 07:33 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
i hate white

Old 11-03-2006, 10:28 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Blue is also worth less.

Old 11-03-2006, 10:34 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
I have pearl white with red leather in my car, it's the best color combo IMO.

I don't understand why resale value would be penalized, especially if it's a rare color.

Green = yuck!

Old 11-04-2006, 07:50 AM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
White (Ivory) and red works for me.

Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2006, 08:53 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
For me white is the best color in all cars also here in Saudi Arabia most people like it. White with red interior is the best colors combo . People in the states like colors like gray with gray which is for me the worst. People are different and each person has his own style
Maybe I'm a weird one here in the USA but I like white over most any of the gray paints. To me white looks very sporty/race car like. Guards Red and Black are my other fav's and even yellow. I have black and that was the wifes choice...I just wanted the car!
KSA, you are correct with people in the USA liking gray colored cars. Just about every SUV and luxory car in my neighborhood is some sort of gray color. However the 4 Porsches, Viper, 3 Vettes, Ferarri and Lambo in my neighborhood are all black, yellow and red.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:14 AM
i think people like grey only cuz it hides dirt easily.
if you don't have the time to keep your car clean but still want to look smooth.
raja

Old 11-06-2006, 12:57 PM
yemenmocha is on a distinguished road
White is coming into style now, IMO. It is the "next silver".

Some cars show white very well (as someone said, the GT3 especially) and others give the car a rental car feel.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:06 PM
kem
kem is on a distinguished road
I think 911's look stunning in white, and maybe the majority of buyers may not be interested in white, there will always be that enthusiast that will be looking for white (or cobalt, yellow etc..). So maybe the sale will take a few more weeks, but it will more then likely end up with a true enthusiast.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
Abdullah,
when i was living in Jeddah, i think 85% of all cars were white. It was majority. i too think white looks awesome
Raja, that has a lot to do with the summer heat as well. When I was in Dubai, I browsed some of the used car classifieds and noticed that given similar cars, the lighter colors (like white, sand/beige, etc.) demanded a 6-10% premium over the darker hues.

I too like white a lot on Porsches, but think Ferraris look hideous in white

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: why is white worse resale?