997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

EVOMS supercharger - my story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:29 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
EVOMS supercharger - my story

OK. First of all, I know Deputy Dog has chronicled his entire experiences at length in another thread. And secondly, I fully support the idea that if Paris or Nikos or anyone else has a bad experience with any vendor, they should post about it, whether the vendor is a board sponsor or not. However, since I continue to get PMs about my EVOMS supercharger, I thought I would summarize my experiences.

To start at the end, I have a 2006 997S that, thanks to Todd and the guys at EVOMS, and Stephen Kaspar and the guys at Imagine Auto in Kansas City, makes over 500 crank hp flawlessly in a linear fashion that totally transforms the nature of my car and its performance. I could not be happier with my EVOMS Supercharger kit. It performs flawlessly, everything about it looks high-end OEM, and the entire kit and experience has wildly exceeded my expectations. I love the fact that my car is a narrow-body 2WD, both of which I prefer, yet I have most if not all of the performance of the 997TT.

That being said, I could not agree with Dep Dog more when he says that a good installer is key. Not just a good mechanic, but a good installer of supercharger kits, and one who has a good relationship with EVOMS. My kit was the first 2006 997S they did, which produced a few hiccups in the installation process. The end result is awesome, but having an installer in whom you have complete confidence, and who has a close relationship with the vendor, meant everything to me. Likewise when there was a software update available recently, I FedExed my ECU to Imagine Auto, and they FedExed it back the day they got it. Total downtime was two days for a complete software update here in Little Rock, Arkansas.

But remember, we are talking about taking a 350hp engine that Porsche had tuned and tweaked to get over 90hp / liter out of, and taking it to 500hp. This is not done lightly or simply, and anyone who ventures down these paths should know that. But the end result, in my case at least, has been phenomenal.

Hats off to Stephen Kaspar and Imagine Auto, and Todd and all of the guys at EVOMS. When I look at all of the other options out there for increasing your car's power, I think this is clearly the greatest performance bargain available.

If I bought another 997S, installing another EVOMS supercharger kit is the first thing I would do again.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:54 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great post Russ. The guys at Evo have taken good care of my car as well and I am very happy with the outcome/their service.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Great post....I think you should run against that new black 997TT to see who's the sheriff..

Aloha

Byron

Old 05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Great post....I think you should run against that new black 997TT to see who's the sheriff..
Could happen soon if Skippy-One-Nut (aka Thomas) ain't skeered . . .

Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 PM
jlturpin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Could happen soon if Skippy-One-Nut (aka Thomas) ain't skeered . . .
That would be nice and I would love to be there and see it.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:22 PM
NikosFindas is infamous around these parts
Well i am still working my problem with car. Tomorrow i will have my engine down at the Porsche Dealership hoping that hey can detect the problem. I believe i never really took 100% of the kit abilities....They will inspect the motor for any Vacuum Leaks ,Dirty Injectors and if nothing is found they will further go inside in the engine. Whatever happens i will find and fix the damm problem, it is personal now!!!! That thing will not beat my intelligent nor the help from EVOMS technical support. There is something wrong and i strongly believe that a good explanation for all of this is a few days away. Anyway i will keep you guys informed.

Last edited by NikosFindas; 05-30-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 PM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for a good post.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
good for you bro!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:42 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Can't wait to SC mine. Winter of 2008.