997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Macadamia Metallic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Vegasguy will become famous soon enough
Macadamia Metallic

Has anyone actually seen the new '08 color Macadamia Metallic? I had ordered a '08 C2S back early April. Basalt Black/sand beige with deviated carpet. When they posted the new '08 TT on the web with that color, I liked the looks of it. I e-mailed the company to find out the name of the new color, and if it could be ordered on any car. Answer: Macadamia Metallic, and on any car. So I had the dealer change my order. (Yes, sight unseen!) Kept the sand beige/deviated carpet. It's scheduled to arrive in a couple weeks and I'm getting quite nervous about the color. Please tell me it's Beautiful and Gorgeous. If not, break it to me gently. Thanks.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Even if you post the question here, it'll still be a brown Porsche.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Macadamia Metallic

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I asked the question because I had been thinking about cancelling my order and buying both an Audi RS4 and an A3, but I've since decided that buying just the one Porsche would be a much more prudent and enjoyable purchase, even in "brown."

Old 08-08-2007, 04:02 PM
MrBonus will become famous soon enough
Brown is a beautiful color for a classic 911 but I'm not so sure it would look as good on a modern car.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:41 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
If it's the same tone of brown showed on the new Turbo Cabrio than it's fantastic!

Old 08-08-2007, 07:08 PM
philcr2800 will become famous soon enough
I think it is and if that makes you feel better about yr order the whole press abroad was unanimously delighted by the color. They said it looked like candied chesnut.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:12 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MrBonus
Brown is a beautiful color for a classic 911 but I'm not so sure it would look as good on a modern car.
yea, the 911 from super troopers (your avatar) was brown and it looked good!

Old 08-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vegasguy
I asked the question because I had been thinking about cancelling my order and buying both an Audi RS4 and an A3, but I've since decided that buying just the one Porsche would be a much more prudent and enjoyable purchase, even in "brown."
I had a Carrera S already....

Relax, man, I was just giving you a hard time. To each his own - personally, I would NEVER buy a brown sports car whether it was a 911, an Enzo, etc.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:39 PM
GT 350 is on a distinguished road
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, when you see the color you make the choice. I have never seen it in person so I really can't comment. However it could affect the resale value...

Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I had a Carrera S already....

Relax, man, I was just giving you a hard time. To each his own - personally, I would NEVER buy a brown sports car whether it was a 911, an Enzo, etc.
Sorry!! Guess I'm a little sensitive, this being my first Porsche, and the nail-biting wait for the next two weeks. Actually, I was just looking for people who have already seen the new Macadamia Metallic, and can give us an idea of how it looks up close and personal.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:38 AM
My biggest point was that I encourage you to REALLY consider how long you'll keep the car when you choose a color. While Macadamia might be new and have a cool name, the bottom line is that it will murder resale unless someone is very specifically hunting for that color. My next Porsche will be VERY customized, but I go into it understanding that I will keep a lot longer than my last one.

Good luck and let us know what you end up deciding!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
C4Cortez will become famous soon enough
Macadamia

hmm.. very brown.....often pics not too accurate... imo a dark black-coffee color with heavy metallic flake would do the trick... (malachite green next to it?)

http://pioneer.porschedealer.com/new...ntoryid=334077

http://pioneer.porschedealer.com/new...ntoryid=334694

Old 09-05-2007, 06:56 PM
sclemmons is on a distinguished road
Looks great. Everybody seems to have gray. Stick with it.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:11 PM
73Euro911S is on a distinguished road
mac metallic

I saw the macadamia brown 997 in the photo at Pioneer Porsche, San Diego just yesterday. The metallic flakes in the paint are very pronounced, similar to metallic finish on the Azurro Blue of the Club Coupes. It looks very rich and dynamic. The metal flecks appear to be much bigger than in my Atlas Gray paint. There is gold and nutmeg in it. It kinda' reminds me of a more metallic version of Togo Brown, only slightly lighter. A&W Root Beer comes to mind. Its deep and rich for sure. I suspect that Natural Brown will be the best interior choice with the color. It's still a brown Porsche, not my choice, but different and likely a tough resale.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned
renntech36 will become famous soon enoughrenntech36 will become famous soon enough
Looks like a UPS Truck, especially if those wheels are brown as well!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Macadamia Metallic