997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone Sign Up For Tire and Rim Insurance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
stevenross is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Anyone Sign Up For Tire and Rim Insurance?

i just signed up for it, to insure the rims and tires in the event of a road hazard, just wanted to see how everyone feels about it, and if in fact it lives up to the promise and pays for the tires and rims, when claims are made?
thanks folks.

Steve

Old 08-14-2007, 09:09 PM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by stevenross
i just signed up for it, to insure the rims and tires in the event of a road hazard, just wanted to see how everyone feels about it, and if in fact it lives up to the promise and pays for the tires and rims, when claims are made?
thanks folks.

Steve
I'm actually run a Finance dept in a car dealership and we sell fidelity road hazard coverage. depending on the coverage ours maxes out at 5000 benefit for 5 years. based on the price of our tires and wheels and the fact that I get a nail in my tires once a week its definitely a good idea to have it. I financed my car through the dealership I work for and purchased it. what company is yours with??

Old 08-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by jreeves197
I'm actually run a Finance dept in a car dealership and we sell fidelity road hazard coverage. depending on the coverage ours maxes out at 5000 benefit for 5 years. based on the price of our tires and wheels and the fact that I get a nail in my tires once a week its definitely a good idea to have it. I financed my car through the dealership I work for and purchased it. what company is yours with??
I think its with NSD, Nation Safe Drivers, and it looks like there is no cap, it says no replacement cost limits..
thank you very much for your feedback.

Steve

Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 AM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by stevenross
I think its with NSD, Nation Safe Drivers, and it looks like there is no cap, it says no replacement cost limits..
thank you very much for your feedback.

Steve
haven't heard of them. If you bought it through the dealer then you shouldn't have a problem. It was a good idea to get it.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM
atleung will become famous soon enoughatleung will become famous soon enough
I bought mine through the dealer. Haven't had to use it yet. I know someone who bought one of the first 997s. He told me he's never had to pay out of pocket for new tires because of the coverage.

I recently bought new aftermarket wheels. Does anyone know whether my new wheels would be covered? If I dig up the terms and conditions, I fear I would find some disclaimer which would void coverage on wheels which did not come with the car.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by atleung
I bought mine through the dealer. Haven't had to use it yet. I know someone who bought one of the first 997s. He told me he's never had to pay out of pocket for new tires because of the coverage.

I recently bought new aftermarket wheels. Does anyone know whether my new wheels would be covered? If I dig up the terms and conditions, I fear I would find some disclaimer which would void coverage on wheels which did not come with the car.
You may want to ask your dealer, i dont know about aftermarket rims, i know that the dealer told me that its something that has to be done with a new car, and only when you purchase the car from inception. they make money on it anyway, maybe its somehting that can be worked out.

Steve

Old 08-15-2007, 01:21 PM
rebe1 is on a distinguished road
Making my first claim as I'm typing now. Will let you know how it goes. (2 Rears tires to be claimed).

Old 08-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by rebe1
Making my first claim as I'm typing now. Will let you know how it goes. (2 Rears tires to be claimed).
Rebe1, i would love to know how ur claim goes? i was told it should be pretty simple, u can even help ur rim hold a little less air to expedite the process

Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM
The plan we sell covers any tire or wheel even if its aftermarket. but we cap out at $5000.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:33 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
I bought it, and replaced 1 rear tire under warranty in the first 3000 miles. Mine covers aftermarket wheels too.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:55 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
where can one buy this without going through a dealer?
thanks!

raja

Old 08-27-2007, 07:18 AM
nerual is on a distinguished road
I bought it, since I did the math and realized that one claim would make the insurance pay for itself. I'm sure this will happen within the first year.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
where can one buy this without going through a dealer?
thanks!

raja
Hey there.. i heard a company by the name of hartford does this without going through your dealer.. its a specialty insurance.

hope this helps

S

Old 08-27-2007, 07:49 PM
MCLC26 is on a distinguished road
Anyone know if this insurance is still available from the dealer several months after purchase or is it only available at the time of sale?

My salesman never mentioned anything about this when I got the car...I only found out about it when I hit a brick that fell off the back of a truck in front of me and killed a front rim/tire. I flatbeaded it to the closest dealer for replacement ($1500 ouch!) and was told about this type of insurance that my dealer should have offered me

Living in NY, this insurance is highly recommended - I've had countless blown tires from the potholes in this area over the years.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:58 PM
porschenut911 is on a distinguished road
I got it for $500 (I think), just in case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Sign Up For Tire and Rim Insurance?