997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

dension install problem, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 05:54 PM
bsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the rough
dension install problem, HELP!!!

im trying to install a dension gateway 500 to a CDR24, but cant get it to work. ihave a simple CDR24 with the sound paockage plus (which is basically an amp and more speakers...) i put the gateway on the ring right out of the head unit, i had the car programmed bythe dealer to accept CDC but it doesnt find it. Eric from bumperplugs has been tring to help with all the updates but still no go. any suggestions. the techs say if you dont have a CDC there is an open ring on the fiber optics and there is an open ring that needs to be closed off, the dension support say that the radio wont work is the ring is boken or closed, but my radio was working fine without the fiber optic even plugged in. any help would be nice...

Old 08-24-2007, 10:24 PM
wizo is on a distinguished road
Quick! Take it out and jump on it twice and try then to put it back..
I am just playing around. There has to be a place, stereo shop that can help you with it. Try searching the threads I remember a few people have installed that system with no problems. I am sure you could pm them and ask the questions you have.
Best of luck

Old 08-26-2007, 09:12 AM
mishref will become famous soon enough
I have installed four systems .. had a couple of issues which were sorted out. The fiber ring has to be closed and looped to work, i think the tech might be misunderstood.

1. Is the dension unit wired properly? The fiber optic cables have a in/out.

2. Is the electricity sufficient and wired?

3. Are the jumpers set properly to accept the CD24 (I believe its a different setting from the normal Porsche PCM)

4. Does your ipod display anything when plugged in?

Old 08-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Problem solved...at least for now.

On the CDR24, Porsche's weakest link in audio, you run 1.05 firmware. Bluetooth is not an option with 1.05.

But an upgrade to PCM can solve this too. And firmware may come soon that will help in the future.

On the installation, I believe there was something amiss as well, but that has now been resolved.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 PM
bsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the rough
yes it is working....

thanks to Eric and all his help and efforts to get support with the dension people. it works great witht the CDR24, but no Bluetooth. im resoloving that problem soon (getting the PCM)

so to all the Dension gateway is great (when you finally get it to work)..and Eric is really the best with the tech support he was always available by email and phone, if he cant fix it he will do his best to get the answer for you...thanks again Eric.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned
smdteefpuler is on a distinguished road
how difficult was the install and where did you mount the ipod?