6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-31/)
-   -   NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/99911-nav-tv-bluetooth-adapter-997-a.html)

JBONDOx 06-08-2009 04:58 PM

you can call Jeremy:

Job Title:INSTALLER/OWNEREmployer:Advanced Audio DesignsLocation:SHARON, MAPhone Number:781-784-7974MySpace ID:myspace.com/advancedaudiodesignsOnly guy that I know in that area and would trust him with my vehicle any day.

nizzoc4s 06-08-2009 08:18 PM

Awesome, I'll probably hit him up. Thanks !!

Musclehedz101 06-29-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by jfr0317 (Post 1389527)
I can highly recommend Custom Car Stereo. Their website is www.customcarstereo.com. Phone is (713) 981-8455, and their General Manager is Chris Franks. I would ask them about pricing, but I can say that it was cheaper for me to have both the iPod adapter and satellite radio installed at the same time than it would have been separately. Having said that, they are not cheap. By the way, I'm just a customer, not at all affliated with them otherwise.

I don't see why a dealer couldn't do it, but I will say that I was originally referred to Custom Car Stereo by my Porsche dealer 6 years ago because they said Custom Car Stereo would do a better job.

Was just curis to see if you experience has not changed with the NAV-TV Sirius unit and having ANT up under cowl (by wipers). I live in N. Texas and am debating on NAV-TV or Porsche OEM (Cayenne) kit.

Thanks,

jfr0317 06-29-2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Musclehedz101 (Post 2891449)
Was just curis to see if you experience has not changed with the NAV-TV Sirius unit and having ANT up under cowl (by wipers). I live in N. Texas and am debating on NAV-TV or Porsche OEM (Cayenne) kit.

Thanks,

I no longer have that car (07 C2S), but I can say that the antenna under the cowl worked just fine. The NAV-TV unit itself worked OK with only a few occasional glitches, which have probably been cleared up by subsequent firmware upgrades. From what I've heard from others, the Porsche OEM unit is pretty much trouble-free.

leneuromancer 06-29-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Musclehedz101 (Post 2891449)

Have the Nav-TV unit, with the antenna stuck for 2+ years to the underside of the cowl using some basic 3m double sided tape - and the price can't be beat next to the Cayenne kit

Musclehedz101 06-30-2010 12:32 PM

Tooki Q&A with Nav-TV Tech

I have been doing allot of research on BT solutions of my 07" C4S Cab (Denison-Ipod, CDchanger, Nav & Bose-AMP). Here is a dialog exchange between me and the online tech at Nav-TV; thought it might help someone also doing the same investigations.

Cheers!

--[snip]
David: Does the Tooki unit have this capability as the Denison BTA1500? Or is there some other means you address Mic sensitivity?

http://www.dension.com/index.php?pageID=13&articleID=99

You are now speaking with Bobby Basile of Technical Support.
Bobby Basile: hi
David: did u get my q: ?

Bobby Basile: I don't know the Dension product
Bobby Basile: what vehicle do you have
David: see the link, it's more a question about Tooki's ability to adjust mic sensitivity.
David: porsche 2007 C4S Cab with Denision IPOD, CD Changer, Nav & Bose

Bobby Basile: Tooki POR there is a way to adjust mic
David: I am leaning toward Tooki for BT vs. Denision BT module but need to validate a few concerns

David: cool, does sys offer echo cancellation? I have Cab so with top up still is somewhat noisy

Bobby Basile: What phone are you using
David: BB Bold 9000 and will be upgrading to 9700 or 9800 in near future. Iphone & motorola phones are not an option for me

Bobby Basile: Blackberry offer echo control feature in the BT menu. TOOKI does not have echo built in. I have a code to raise or lower sens
David: ?? "code"??

Bobby Basile: After TOOKI is installed you can enter a code then dial to change sensitivity of mic
David: Ah..great!

David: Next q:

Bobby Basile: ok
David: does tooki & bb Bold 9000 & 9700 support all or any of following:

David: HFP: Hands-Free Profile
A2DP: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
Phone book: This feature lets you to download the existing phone book contents from your phone.

Bobby Basile: hang on David
Bobby Basile: All features are supported with TOOKI POR
David: Dude, this is MUSIC to my ears!!

David: next q: ur batting 1000

David: caller id presented on PCM is derived through synch of phone book or what is sent from phone via BT to PCM?

David: Sorry for all the Q's I'm a engineer and got burnt previously by not doing my research.

Bobby Basile: caller id will display on screen
David: Final q: [
maybe ;-) ]
David: does it matter where in MOST loop TOOKI is intergrated as long as it's BEFORE the AMP(Bose)?

David: Currently my setup is as follows: PCM -=>Denison-=>Nav-=>AMP

Bobby Basile: I tell installers to install tooki on the input of PCM
David: cd changer is also in there but hanging off "bypass" most interface on Denison

Bobby Basile: Have you seen the operation manual for tooki
David: yes & read your forums & read 100"s of post on Porsche Fourms on other installs but none have tried my setup

David: Denison techs say they need to be 1st out of PCM but your also saying the same thing...

Bobby Basile: correct
David: it's a loop so shouldn't matter if your 1st then Denision then etc.. in loop but hate to gamble $800 on it all "playoing nice" together

Bobby Basile: As a company we have sold around 50K units. TOOKI is a very popular product and I do not see many issues
David: what's my recourse if it doesn't work out? I'm out $800??

David: Don;t mind help w/ R&D but need some "safety net"
David: Thoughts?

Bobby Basile: sorry phones ar ebusy
Bobby Basile: If you buy this from Nav Tv and it does not work return for a full refund
David: AWESOME! And you help has been fantastic. Decision made, I'm going with Tooki. Thank you!

Bobby Basile: ok David

--[snip]

Musclehedz101 07-16-2010 01:09 PM

Thought I'd post a follow up.

Everything went in and works great, 1st time. Here's what I found out:

1) Sequence of devices in MOST loop:
A) PCM -> TOOKI ->DENSION -> NAV ->BOSE
2) Mic placement:
A) For now I "tucked" between Speedo & Tach. BTW MUCH larger Mic w/ "wind sock". I left myself a Voicemail and audio is decent, considering distance.
3) Callers are experiencing echo issues on their end:
B) Nav-TV Tech suggested two things:
1) On BB Bold while on call, turn volume all way up and use volume knob on PCM to control audio levels.
2) Try turning off or on "echo Cancelation" from BB

Here's the procedure to do that on your Blackberry:
Workaround

Enable the echo control option on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click the Bluetooth icon or click Options > Bluetooth.
  2. Make sure the BlackBerry smartphone is paired with the Bluetooth enabled headset or car kit.
  3. On the Bluetooth screen, click the headset or car kit, then select Device Properties.
  4. Set the Echo Control field to ON.
  5. Click the trackwheel and select Save.

Will test this out later today.

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Cheers