American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Some Real American Muscle!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:50 AM
saintv90 is on a distinguished road
Some Real American Muscle!

These are some pics of a very close friends garage. He has a very impressive garage...and the even more impressive thing is he is the 1 and only owner of all these cars. Purchased brand new.

The first car is a 72' ZR1 racing model. It was setup with all the race options...no radio...special brakes...there were only about 20 of these cars made. This one has around 300 miles on it and is estimated at around a half mil. Also this car has never actually been titled. The owner has every single piece of paperwork you can possibly get. Even the dealer paperwork that the owners are not suppose to get. It's pretty impressive. And he bought this car when he was around 20.

The next car needs no introduction...a 69 Z28. All original. 15,xxx miles. Still has the window sticker. Everything original...ordered full loaded from the factory. He drove this car when he was 18 and was able to store it with so few miles on it. He was smart...he knew it would be worth a lot. It's estimated between 80k-100k.

Next to that is a 67 big block vette with side pipes. Again all original. I don't know to much about this one except that it's in mint condition like all the other cars.

Next to that is a 72' Corvette that he uses to drive. Nothing real special just in great shape. But he drives it everywhere.

Next to that is a 62' Belair bubbletop with a rare original 409 engine in it. Again all original in mint condition.

And then behind all of those is a 65 TR4A Triumph he restored himself.

This guy is a true car aficonado and he knows EVERYTHING about cars! He could talk your ear off about any car out there. I consider myself lucky to such close friends with him.

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures!

Old 10-27-2007, 01:02 PM
D-VO will become famous soon enoughD-VO will become famous soon enough
Love the cars, and the Old Style sign!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Banned
JADE46 is on a distinguished road
Gorgeous!!!!!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm going to try and get over to get some good pictures of the cars pretty soon. He might be selling them soon...That is his retirement!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Why would he sell them for his retirement? Clearly he started life with a ton of money. Is he having financial troubles? He got the 67 vette when he was like 15, right?

Old 10-28-2007, 10:29 AM
He does not have any money. He worked in a factory his whole life. He never takes vacation or spends money on anything really other than the cars. These cars are his life. The company he worked for did not have a 401k and he never even thought to start one. So now that he is basically retired...this is the only "investment" he has. He bought the first car when he was 18 I believe. The camaro was his first car. Then the 72' and the 67 which he bought at the same time with his brother. The 67 was a dealers car so he is technically the first owner...but someone else drove it for a couple years. They live in a very small town in northern wisconsin and if you drove by the garage you'd never guess these were in it.

The 72, 67 vettes and the belair he owns with his brother. They had a falling out some time back...and the brother doesn't want him to drive the cars at all...he feels they will just loose value and if he crashes them then they have nothing. My friend wants to drive them and enjoy them for a bit before they need to be sold. So they are arguing and it's actually going to court. So long story short...he does not have money...and he didn't come from money. He is just a car enthusiast who put everything he has into his cars.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:36 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Geeess. Sounds like an awful situation. I knew there had to be some sort of story there. Good thing those cars are worth a few bucks. He took quite a gamble there with no real retirement plan. Imagine putting a 2000 Camaro into storage and hoping it will be worth some money someday.

Frankly, there are very few modern cars around that I could see appreciating over time. And none of them are priced the way his camaro was back in the day.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Kills Bugs Fast
45otto is on a distinguished road
That is three ugly ****'s in the last picture...Damn, shave, get a hair cut...something...LOL

Old 10-28-2007, 12:10 PM
AaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the rough
Very cool. It would be nice to see them all sold to the same buyer to preserve the history.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:38 PM
MrTheKid is on a distinguished road
JUNK!

j/k those are effen bad **** !!!!!!! would LOVE to see more pics pf that Impala

Old 10-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
He bought a Corvette BRAND NEW when he was 20 and NEVER drove it? I don't think so.......

Chris

Old 10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Whats up with the b/w Z28 RS? Vin#? Motor/trans combo? A/C? It could be worth some serious cake.

Oh and in for pics of the Craftsman riding mower. That thing is baller.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Vicious
Whats up with the b/w Z28 RS? Vin#? Motor/trans combo? A/C? It could be worth some serious cake.

Oh and in for pics of the Craftsman riding mower. That thing is baller.
I don't know the specifics about the Z...but I know he ordered it with the options that he thought would be worth something down the road. He has had offers between 80-100k for the camaro so he knows its worth atleast that. The camaro has less than 20k miles.

I'll see if I can get some hi res shots of that Mower for ya!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Turbochris
He bought a Corvette BRAND NEW when he was 20 and NEVER drove it? I don't think so.......

Chris
He drives it. Twice a year. He backs it out of the garage and then pulls back in.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by saintv90
He drives it. Twice a year. He backs it out of the garage and then pulls back in.
More discipline than I ever would have had at age 20. I quite sure I probably would have had at least two insurance claims in the first two weeks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some Real American Muscle!