American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

New Corvette ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 03:43 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Let's see, other enthusiast parts of the site this is more appropriate for, and people who actually would care: Off Topic, American Muscle, Vehicle Specifications and Overviews.

Why in the world would you choose to clog this forum?

Oh yeah, it's a POS.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Still a POS I would never buy. Look at those Wal-Mart seats.

A "slower" 997 GT2 is fine with me.
Me x124912498149..

These threads are SO ANNOYING, Z06/GTR/now the ZR1. Its FUGLY, i'll take a 08 Z06 on Moton's any day over this!

AND BTW, the Zr1 is direct competiion to the Zr1? Someone is greatly misinformed!

Old 12-24-2007, 04:35 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
time to get on a list.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I like it. I probably won't get one, but I like it.

This thing will spank almost all the cars on this forum bone stock.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:13 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
I like it. I probably won't get one, but I like it.

This thing will spank almost all the cars on this forum bone stock.
Don't speak too soon, power isnt everything!

Old 12-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
They said the same thing about the Z06. I haven't had one lap me or run away from me yet on a road course...

The Z06 is a great bang for the buck car to buy and drive, but like others have commented, you need to improve upon it with suspension and brake tweeks and replace the seats.

The ZR1 will have issues. Chevy doesn't typically do superchargers well and although they have R&D'ed it a significant amount, I think they'll have issues with reliability. Time will tell...

On a side note, if you guys think about the level of performance car we have access to in this day and age, it is truly amazing.

Mike

Old 12-24-2007, 05:50 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
who's your daddy?......... z1r!

Old 12-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by oak
who's your daddy?......... z1r!
I am And its ZR1 x2

Old 12-24-2007, 07:02 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
wow first the new Nissan then this!!! I love the fact that manufacturers keep pushing that envelop!!! It pushes and pressures everyone else to keep up with the Jones!!

I love the new higher performance cars coming out and many I am sure have better numbers than my car. But I LOVE my car and dont want another car or I would buy one.

It does keep all aware of the bar we must keep up with, its all good!!

Old 12-24-2007, 07:18 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I like the idea that the US automakers can produce great sports car. I wish Ford would continue with the GT or Cobra.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Addicted is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great engine. However, they really do need to spend some of that R&D money on the interior. Interior switches, seats, etc... = POS! Would be a great car otherwise.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:34 AM
kglesq is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Addicted
Sounds like a great engine. However, they really do need to spend some of that R&D money on the interior. Interior switches, seats, etc... = POS! Would be a great car otherwise.
Actually, they have improved the interior quality tremendously with the 'premium interior' package that came available in 2008. My dad recently bought a 2008 C6, and I was really impressed with the interior improvements--the interior finally lives up to the rest of the car. That said, the seats remain the same, and for that there's no excuse.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:35 AM
kglesq is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jimmer23
Let's see, other enthusiast parts of the site this is more appropriate for, and people who actually would care: Off Topic, American Muscle, Vehicle Specifications and Overviews.

Why in the world would you choose to clog this forum?

Oh yeah, it's a POS.
Yet you took the time to read it and reply.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:14 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
And look what happens - PRESTO, it's moved.

Thanks for playing.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:21 PM
LS7 Thunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by heavychevy
They kept the SAME SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave it to GM to show without a doubt how cheap they are.
I agree with you on the seats, they suck big time for track use, BUT they're SUPER comfortable for normal daily driving and long trips, which is what the majority of the owners will use the car for. I'll be putting in a Caravaggio racing seat in my car soon, I guess the ZR1 owner who wants to track the car more frequently can do the same. What people need to know is that if GM had spent MORE $ on the ZR1 for a luxurious interior, thus raising the already HIGH price (for a Chevy) even higher, a LOT more people will complain "I'll never pay THAT much for a Chevy". There's a price point/budget that they had to stick to, they spent $$$ on the mechanicals, $$ on the appearance, and $ on everything else (which the owner can easily and cheaply upgrade).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Corvette ZR1