American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2003 boxster s or 2003 c5 z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
I think it really boils down to whats your main objective with the car...cruising or weekend thumps down the highway, etc. In the twisties, you will be hard pressed to find something as fun as the Boxster S. I had two C6's a (a Z51 and a Z06) and found them to be pretty decent cars. The C5 was never my style with the pop up headlights. The build quality of a C5 and BoxsterS are worlds apart in my opinion.

For those that think the Boxster is a chicks car

Attached Images  

Last edited by amerlemans; 02-14-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:47 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
^its going to be mainly cruising around and then some highway pulls if necessary...

Old 02-14-2008, 09:02 AM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr.Big
$3500 will get you 450rwhp and some breaklines/pads and adjustable anti roll bars...

But it won't buy you a spell checker...

If you are really only looking for cruising and highway pulls, then maybe the zed-o-6 is for you... Unless you want that magical convertible top that is. I will say the Boxster S is much stronger on the highway than down low. 3rd gear at 70 or so is surprisingly very fast.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:20 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I think it really boils down to whats your main objective with the car...cruising or weekend thumps down the highway, etc. In the twisties, you will be hard pressed to find something as fun as the Boxster S....

For those that think the Boxster is a chicks car
I agree.

The most obvious difference between your two selections is the coupe/convertible. There isn't any gray area there. If it were me, that would cinch the deal one way or the other.

While the Z isn't particularly elegant, there isn't much of a comparison between the two (stock/stock) in a straight line (or in any semi-lengthy) piece of twisty road. That said, the BoxS isn't exactly slow and it is 'fun' to drive.

(edit) If your locale is NJ, I'm guessing that the C5Z will be more commonly accepted.

I think a quick drive will help you decide.

GL on your decision.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:03 AM
mchctsV is infamous around these parts
[quote=easyc;1675948]Nice opinion... you want mine? Its dumb to put dymags on a car that weighs as much as a RS4...

well ******** he asked vette or boxster i said vette and gave him a reason unlike u that does a personal attack calling me dumb for getting dymags you dont got to hate becuase my wheels cost more than your car

Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by slavik
^its going to be mainly cruising around and then some highway pulls if necessary...
This thread is confusing. You said speed wasn't important and now you mention highway pulls

These two cars aren't even in the same league.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mchctsV
well ******** he asked vette or boxster i said vette and gave him a reason unlike u that does a personal attack calling me dumb for getting dymags you dont got to hate becuase my wheels cost more than your car
Wow... I didn't make a personal attack. I hate people making ignorant shots at Boxsters... SO i in a jokingly mater, I said something about the idea of putting a set of ultra lightweight wheels for what is a heavy car. I also put my two cents on Slavik's question in two different threads. Also... Even though your wheels don't cost as much as my car, I do hope you have gotten your money worth...

Old 02-14-2008, 03:39 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
^ thanks for the input guys.....what i was saying about highway pulls is just some spirited driving on the highway....not necessarily "pulls"......but i think the boxster S is my decision...

Old 02-14-2008, 06:19 PM
jnbr19867 is infamous around these parts
Just my opinion, but when i hear Boxster that equals: xx chromosomes.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 PM
96BeaSSt is infamous around these parts
My vote's with the Z06. As for the Boxster S, I personally do not care for the looks (not enough character) and a convertible is just added weight. My comparison of the two cars is simple, the Z06 is the track car you can drive every day and the Boxster S is the daily driver you can enjoy on the track. However, I think the Z06 is MUCH closer to Boxster S as a daily driver than the Boxster S is to the Z06 as a track car.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Mr.Big is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by easyc
But it won't buy you a spell checker...

If you are really only looking for cruising and highway pulls, then maybe the zed-o-6 is for you... Unless you want that magical convertible top that is. I will say the Boxster S is much stronger on the highway than down low. 3rd gear at 70 or so is surprisingly very fast.
You are correct, it won't... my bad (Brake) ooooops... Thanks for the help... however, it also won't by you the ability to surpress the need to correct others... and yes, you will want to correct my post, I can feel it as I type each word...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Mr.Big is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by easyc
Wow... I didn't make a personal attack. I hate people making ignorant shots at Boxsters... SO i in a jokingly mater, I said something about the idea of putting a set of ultra lightweight wheels for what is a heavy car. I also put my two cents on Slavik's question in two different threads. Also... Even though your wheels don't cost as much as my car, I do hope you have gotten your money worth...

"jokingly (mater)" looks like you could use the spell check I didn't buy

Old 02-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Originally Posted by 96BeaSSt
My vote's with the Z06. As for the Boxster S, I personally do not care for the looks (not enough character) and a convertible is just added weight.
Added weight?
The car weighs 2,900 lbs that's pretty darn lightweight and especially for a convertible.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:56 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Boxster S is your ride given that you aren't a speed demon....

It's a very well balanced and fun car even if it aint the fastest around. Finding a good condition one can be hard so shop around.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:39 AM
96BeaSSt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by InSaNeZ
Added weight?
The car weighs 2,900 lbs that's pretty darn lightweight and especially for a convertible.
I agree, but if I'm going to go out on a track, I do not want to be in a convertible, it's unneccessary weight, if it was a coupe, it would be lighter (and more stable).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003 boxster s or 2003 c5 z06