American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

First vid: ZO6 vs GTR!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 11:56 AM
prpsebuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Call it 'backhanded', call it hating, but it's a FACT that the GTR was modeled after the Porsche 911. Listen I like the GTR, and yes I am biased to the time tested performance of the Z06. Time will tell how the GTR establishes it's own tradition but like the Z06 it needs to be earned on the track and the streets of America NOT a magazine.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Banned
TOOL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by crush
again, stop the ignorance. the GTR started to get delivered last week(a couple were out but not being publicly tested), how could their be "plenty of proof"? I know there was a GTR at One Lap so what, driven by who?. How long had the ZO6 and GT3 owners had to track and adapt to their particular cars in comparison to the GTR(owner)?
The whole idea about not being able to outlap a 996 GT3 is !absurd!
Take those hating shades off, they're destroying all of your credibility.

what this guy is forgeting is that the GT-R beat all the stock Z06's at "one lap" the other z06's that beat the GT-R WERENT STOCK. second the guy drving the GT-R was a mag editor. not a pro driver like the others

the insecurity some of these vette boys have about the GT-R is amazing. maybe they should read what z06 owners and ex z06 owners who own the GT-R says about it.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by prpsebuilt
Call it 'backhanded', call it hating, but it's a FACT that the GTR was modeled after the Porsche 911. Listen I like the GTR, and yes I am biased to the time tested performance of the Z06. Time will tell how the GTR establishes it's own tradition but like the Z06 it needs to be earned on the track and the streets of America NOT a magazine.

then maybe you need to learn more about the history of the Nissan Skyline GT-R. b/c you know what you are talking about

Old 07-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Gonna smoke one (GTR) as soon as someone is foolish enough to race me. Z06 owners are not cocky, we are just confident.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned
Gonna smoke one (GTR) as soon as someone is foolish enough to race me. Z06 owners are not cocky, we are just confident.
you mean you are gonna get smoked. there is a thin line between cocky and confident and denial. im thinking the combo is cocky and denial

http://www.viddler.com/explore/GTRBlog/videos/17/

and for all those that say the gt-r lacks passion. and drives itself. i guess Clarksons just stated how involving the car is

1.19.7. as fast as a scud. you are going to get destroyed by the GT-R in your Z06. sorry man

and the Vspec is going to kill the ZR-1

Last edited by TOOL; 07-20-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:20 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
It's hard to place where the GT-R will shine. I've been reading on NAGTROC that the brakes were to the floor after 2 laps on the track, that doesn't make it sound like much of a track car to me. Also a couple of tuners said if the power was pushed to 600hp they don't expect the transmission to last more than 12 months. Maintenance costs also seem to be overly high, 100 dollars a quart transmission fluid that needs 10qts replaced annually. Also no one has confirmed rumors that a brake job could cost up to $8000. One Nissan tech gave dealer cost just for parts, and it was over $7000.

Last edited by airflite1; 07-20-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:32 PM
You poor poor soul, you just watch videos and cut and paste watch some more and, well you are defiantly a TOOL, of the media that is, probably a nice guy I don't know. You defend the GTR and I will defend the Z and the GTR. I promise you where I live there will be a GTR (probably a neighbor, friend etc .. ) that will want to run my Z. When that time comes I will post the video (by that time there will be more vids of the Z smoking the GTR) not some ****** bag limey that hates American superiority. You can research, gather data, change your name to SUPERGTRTOOL but soon you will realize that your precious GTR is NOT the one tested on any forum, magazine, limey show etc ... I race my car, at the track, talk to experts, novices, armatures and they all love the Z and the GTR but know damn well that physics simply do not allow the GTR with it's all wheel drive, high curb weight, and less power (at least the production version) to compete. By the way, are you planning on buying a GTR ? I hope so, I will travel any reasonable distance to race you and tear you a new one. All car talk aside I am sure you're a decent guy and I respect your position, but you are wrong.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned
You poor poor soul, you just watch videos and cut and paste watch some more and, well you are defiantly a TOOL, of the media that is, probably a nice guy I don't know. You defend the GTR and I will defend the Z and the GTR. I promise you where I live there will be a GTR (probably a neighbor, friend etc .. ) that will want to run my Z. When that time comes I will post the video (by that time there will be more vids of the Z smoking the GTR) not some ****** bag limey that hates American superiority. You can research, gather data, change your name to SUPERGTRTOOL but soon you will realize that your precious GTR is NOT the one tested on any forum, magazine, limey show etc ... I race my car, at the track, talk to experts, novices, armatures and they all love the Z and the GTR but know damn well that physics simply do not allow the GTR with it's all wheel drive, high curb weight, and less power (at least the production version) to compete. By the way, are you planning on buying a GTR ? I hope so, I will travel any reasonable distance to race you and tear you a new one. All car talk aside I am sure you're a decent guy and I respect your position, but you are wrong.

AMERICAN SUPERIORITY?

what are you on? what cars does our country make thats superior? ill answer that for you. WE DONT

like i said, i think you suffer from a case of denial.

if im "SUPERGTRTOOL " you must be prpsebuiltZ06togetownedbyGT-R

Old 07-20-2008, 06:37 PM
JAMESZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TOOL
pure ignorance.
The reality is that Nissan took a 997 Turbo along everywhere throughout initial testing of the R35. Their aims with this car were to surpass the 997 Turbo, so they used one to compare throughout the development. Inspiration may not be the best word, but the Porsche was used extensively for the "better" development of the GTR.

As for the video, if you didn't expect that something is wrong with you. Outside of 60 foot times the GTR isn't going to stand a chance against the Z06 in a straight line. As for on the track, I think over multiple laps the Z06 will stand a chance against the GTR as it's weight will probably require drivers to not drive to its full potential as to not chord the tires, or over heat the brakes. I do know that as of now Nissan is claiming they get better tire wear with the GTR on the track than the Z, but with its weight I think tires will still be an issue.

I like the GTR for what it is, I know a few people who have driven some of the pre-production cars, but I think the hype is a little over the top. Time will tell though as the cars continue to be delivered over the next few weeks.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:46 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JAMESZ

As for the video, if you didn't expect that something is wrong with you. Outside of 60 foot times the GTR isn't going to stand a chance against the Z06 in a straight line. As for on the track, I think over multiple laps the Z06 will stand a chance against the GTR as it's weight will probably require drivers to not drive to its full potential as to not chord the tires, or over heat the brakes.
That is the key, going by specs I doubt the GTR can hot lap. It will get in a few good laps then fall behind. It's weight will be it's enemy towards its brakes and tires.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned
Cornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the rough

Old 07-20-2008, 07:27 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Cornfed

LOL! Office Space rules!

Old 07-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JAMESZ
The reality is that Nissan took a 997 Turbo along everywhere throughout initial testing of the R35. Their aims with this car were to surpass the 997 Turbo, so they used one to compare throughout the development. Inspiration may not be the best word, but the Porsche was used extensively for the "better" development of the GTR.

As for the video, if you didn't expect that something is wrong with you. Outside of 60 foot times the GTR isn't going to stand a chance against the Z06 in a straight line. As for on the track, I think over multiple laps the Z06 will stand a chance against the GTR as it's weight will probably require drivers to not drive to its full potential as to not chord the tires, or over heat the brakes. I do know that as of now Nissan is claiming they get better tire wear with the GTR on the track than the Z, but with its weight I think tires will still be an issue.

I like the GTR for what it is, I know a few people who have driven some of the pre-production cars, but I think the hype is a little over the top. Time will tell though as the cars continue to be delivered over the next few weeks.
you went to this long drawn out post. but this is simply about which car is faster. on the track the GT-R is faster, from dig up to a 1/4mile the GT-R is faster. after a 1/4 the z06 is faster, on a rol the z06 is faster.

cut and dry

you went on a bit of a tangent there. this is about which car is faster.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:56 PM
crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !
you went to this long drawn out post. but this is simply about which car is faster. on the track the GT-R is faster, from dig up to a 1/4mile the GT-R is faster. after a 1/4 the z06 is faster, on a rol the z06 is faster.

cut and dry

thanks for the "simplicity"

Old 07-20-2008, 08:15 PM
monaroCountry will become famous soon enough

cut and dry

Except that from a dig the ZO6 still easily killed the GTR.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.