American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

First vid: ZO6 vs GTR!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:19 PM
monaroCountry will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TOOL
AMERICAN SUPERIORITY?

what are you on? what cars does our country make thats superior? ill answer that for you. WE DONT

like i said, i think you suffer from a case of denial.

if im "SUPERGTRTOOL " you must be prpsebuiltZ06togetownedbyGT-R

The SSC for one has the top speed record, the Ultima GTR has a purely American engine to power it to its stunning multiple record runs, the Corvette race teams are still up there, in dragsters America still leads in the quickest accelerating cars ever, and many other things that has escaped your eagle eye.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:22 PM
you mean you are gonna get smoked. there is a thin line between cocky and confident and denial. im thinking the combo is cocky and denial

http://www.viddler.com/explore/GTRBlog/videos/17/

and for all those that say the gt-r lacks passion. and drives itself. i guess Clarksons just stated how involving the car is

1.19.7. as fast as a scud. you are going to get destroyed by the GT-R in your Z06. sorry man

and the Vspec is going to kill the ZR-1
Tell me was that a UK spec Nissan GTR because from the video it seemed that Top Gear transported the car directly from Japan and didnt buy it from a dealer. Is there a difference in fuel between Japan and UK, what are the differences in rules between the two countries, also is there a difference between uk versus Japanese spec?

Old 07-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Banned
TOOL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
The SSC for one has the top speed record, the Ultima GTR has a purely American engine to power it to its stunning multiple record runs, the Corvette race teams are still up there, in dragsters America still leads in the quickest accelerating cars ever, and many other things that has escaped your eagle eye.
which is a kit car. last time i checked z06s and GT-Rs where kitcars. and i can careless aboout str8 line racing. cars are meant to turn. so i rather watch a car for fast making turns than fast in a str8 line.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned
Except that from a dig the ZO6 still easily killed the GTR.

ok this is coming from someone who hates on the GT-R on every forum with every post they make. do me a favor and name all the forums you are on spewing the same trash on each

reviews in a good light about the GT-R are conspiracies to you. and then when you get two or three reviews with lower stats out of 20 plus test and reviews. you treat those two or three like they have more weight than that more than 20 total done.

as if anyone but another avid GT-R hater such as yourself actaully listen to the none sense you say

Old 07-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned
Tell me was that a UK spec Nissan GTR because from the video it seemed that Top Gear transported the car directly from Japan and didnt buy it from a dealer. Is there a difference in fuel between Japan and UK, what are the differences in rules between the two countries, also is there a difference between uk versus Japanese spec?
see more conspiracies. so what you are saying is that TOP GEAR is aiding Nissan in deceiving and lying to people about their car?

especially when the GT-R destroyed some of their favorite cars. porsche for hammond and ferraris for Jeremy.

give it a rest man, seriously. every post you make you write something ludicrous. give it a break.

you are GM fanboi. ok we get it. its cool

Old 07-20-2008, 08:50 PM
prpsebuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone please find me a clip of a GTR beating a z in the 1/4 mile. Please ? NOT GONNA HAPPEN ... EVER . stock 4 stock that is.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by prpsebuilt
Someone please find me a clip of a GTR beating a z in the 1/4 mile. Please ? NOT GONNA HAPPEN ... EVER . stock 4 stock that is.

why dont you wait until there are GT-Rs in the owners hands and are on the road vs the 2 billion vettes.

GT-Rs are just now getting into customers hands who hasnt had any time driving the car compared to people who own vettes

Old 07-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Banned
Cornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the rough
Looks like they do well in a crash test. We can only hope the owners are like Lemmings and fallow this one. j/k kinda....

Last edited by Cornfed; 07-20-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:27 PM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
cars are meant to turn. so i rather watch a car for fast making turns than fast in a str8 line.
I guess the GTR's only rival would be the Lotus Elise

Old 07-20-2008, 10:27 PM
LamboRick is on a distinguished road
Oh my. What an achievement. That's not exactly a challenging feat when you're practically the only car in your class.

And please stop trying to make it out that every GT-R is a Japanese-spec or a "Ringer". You have no proof or anything that can question what spec. the GT-R was on Top Gear, so give that a rest.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:32 PM
mannytt will become famous soon enoughmannytt will become famous soon enough
Z06 Ftw!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:55 AM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
The Z06 was ragged on for the LONGEST time, even after it came out. The proof is in the pudding.

First couple vids of the C6z showed it beating cars that it had "no chance" with. Turns out the first vids were right.

I suspect the same to be true with the GT-R.

The bench racers with no real world times show the GT-r superior to its rivals. The REAL world performance, even if it is still rare/new have shown the opposite. Now this may change, but it aint looking good for the GT-R.

Last edited by ztnedman1; 07-21-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
from dig up to a 1/4mile the GT-R is faster.
Stop bench racing.

I've seen two vids, both from digs, the ZO6 was quicker in both.

Until more OWNER cars surface, and we geet more real data we won't be sure.

But so far it looks like the ZO6 is the quicker car in a straight line....

Old 07-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
There's no question that the Z06 is quicker than the GT-R in a straightline. The significance of the Top Gear time is that it's another showcase of the Nissan's strong track performance.

The GT-R is not meant to be a track-biased car such as the GT3 RS or 430 Scuderia. The achievement is that it performs at the level of those cars on the track, while going about its mission as a big GT cruiser. Impressive.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 PM
The newly styled Nissan GTR

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.