American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Modded 2009 ZR1 Video: 581 rwhp & 599 rw tq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Allen,

What I’m saying is that none of that matters, since we aren’t trying to figure the HP loss from the connecting rods to the flywheel. We are talking about power from the final output of the engine (where the flywheel meets the pressure plate) to the drive wheels. It has no bearing on the latter whatsoever.

It doesn’t matter how much power an engine is making, or how much it’s not making due to parasitic loss of a blower, an A/C compressor, an alternator, etc....

What I'm saying is…whatever the number is at the flywheel, regardless of how much it's been reduced by parasitic drag, that number will be reduced by almost the exact amount as it is on a bone stock engine (N/A, SC or TT) making half as much power, or even a TT engine making twice as much power. I’m talking about the loss AFTER the flywheel…not before (which is what it seems you are talking about).

All sincere respect, it really seems that you and I are talking about two totally different things here. Thus, it'll probably easier for us agree to disagree.

Later,

Scott
LOL... I gotcha now... in that case I agree and hence my statement of lots of guys will just state a HP figure as a loss (crank, flywheel... whatever to the wheels) as a short answer.

I haven't had much sleep in the last few weeks, it might be showing.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Unless something is wrong with the drivetrain, or you increase rpm...the friction shouldn't increase at all.

But then in the case of a Ford, I imagine friction probably does increase with HP. That would explain why so many 700+ HP Cobras are slow.

Haha.. that's messed up!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by 2bscrewed
Haha If Peter beats me, then I'll have one of my friends beat him!
In all honesty, I just hope my car is running by the time you get back. I have been working so much OT that I haven't had time to do much of anything. Supposed to be assembling the motor Sunday, once that is done, everything else should go together relatively quickly.
When are you getting back,March or April?
I haven't been around the boards lately... what's this stuff you got going on?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Okay, now THIS is funny!!

Since I'm deployed, I don't have any of my email coming directly to me. It still all goes to my home in VA. Every couple of weeks or so my wife boxes up all of my magazines and sends them to me out here in a care package.

My point? Well, I was going through the magazines in the care package that I got a couple of ours ago..and what did I find?? A freakin' letter from the Director of Kleeman USA (famous Mercedes tuner) to European Car *****ing about people calculating engine HP from rwhp incorrectly. And....he's making the EXACT same argument in his letter that I am in this thread!

Read "Rant of the Month" in the attached picture from the Feb '09 issue of European Car.

Too funny!

Attached Images  

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-15-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Haha If Peter beats me, then I'll have one of my friends beat him!
In all honesty, I just hope my car is running by the time you get back. I have been working so much OT that I haven't had time to do much of anything. Supposed to be assembling the motor Sunday, once that is done, everything else should go together relatively quickly.
When are you getting back,March or April?
I hope your car is done by the time I get home, because it won't be until early May. That'll be 6.5 months. Regardless, I know it'll be fast bro.

My car's break-in is almost complete. The car is still running it's "safe" tune so it hasn't been dyno'd yet. Reese, the owner of MTI, said that even with the safe tune the car feels "unbelievably strong".

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-16-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Almo
I haven't been around the boards lately... what's this stuff you got going on?
Shane and I are good buddies and we like to mess with each other. We live in the same area and have known each other for a few years now.

Before he had his Cobra, he used to have a 10 second Lightning that he would run at the dragstrip quite often. I went there in my stock M3 one time to get some baseline times and his girl, who was driving his Lightning, ended up smoking me in a race. The sh#t talking started from that moment on...with Shane doing most of the talking.

Later, after he got his Cobra, I stuffed him and some other friends of ours a few times during some runs in my 996 at the 700 HP level and then later at the 1,000 HP level. His Cobra was running mid 10's at mid 130s at the time. You can see his introductory post here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...oderators.html

Now, he's getting a TT setup and built motor on the Cobra (which should put him in the 1,000 rwhp range on race gas) and I'm getting a built motor and a big blower installed on my Z06 (750-800 rwhp on pump gas). Also, my buddy Peter's Protomotive 996TT just dynoed 914 rwhp/8XX torque at 1.5 BAR...so between the two of us, Shane is going to have his hands full.

Personally, I think with proper traction I'll beat both of them (due to the low weight, good 1st -4th gearing and low frontal area of the Z06)...but we'll see.

Until then, sh#t talking is authorized.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-16-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:24 AM
LOL, great stuff! I know Shane in passing on other boards. I believe you guys go to VMP and I was close once to bringing my blue Cobra down and running with you guys but wasn't able to make it. I have thought about getting back into something trackable.

I miss it and you two don't help, LOL

Old 01-16-2009, 05:56 AM
2bscrewed is on a distinguished road
Shane and I are good buddies and we like to mess with each other. We live in the same area and have known each other for a few years now.

Before he had his Cobra, he used to have a 10 second Lightning that he would run at the dragstrip quite often. I went there in my stock M3 one time to get some baseline times and his girl, who was driving his Lightning, ended up smoking me in a race. The sh#t talking started from that moment on...with Shane doing most of the talking.

Later, after he got his Cobra, I stuffed him and some other friends of ours a few times during some runs in my 996 at the 700 HP level and then later at the 1,000 HP level. His Cobra was running mid 10's at mid 130s at the time. You can see his introductory post here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...oderators.html

Now, he's getting a TT setup and built motor on the Cobra (which should put him in the 1,000 rwhp range on race gas) and I'm getting a built motor and a big blower installed on my Z06 (750-800 rwhp on pump gas). Also, my buddy Peter's Protomotive 996TT just dynoed 914 rwhp/8XX torque at 1.5 BAR...so between the two of us, Shane is going to have his hands full.

Personally, I think with proper traction I'll beat both of them (due to the low weight, good 1st -4th gearing and low frontal area of the Z06)...but we'll see.

Until then, sh#t talking is authorized.
Haha, yep, that pretty much sums it up. I'm gonna have to dig that Lightning vs. M3 video up just to make myself feel better! haha

Almo, I'm doing a .020 over block with stock crank, Oliver Billet rods, Coated JE pistons putting it to 9.2-1 Compression, with Livernois stage II heads and Modular performance spec Turbo cams, under an empty 03 Cobra lower intake with a Procharger sheet metal upper, with a Hellion twin 61mm turbo kit stuffing in 15-16#'s on pump gas and probably 20-22#'s on race gas/meth. I also just got my viper spec tranny back from Liberty gear after a rebuild and faceplate of 1st-4th gears. I'm also installing a Lethal returnless fuel set up with the Fore hat, Triple GT pumps, MDM, and Fore rails with 79# injectors. I'm hoping for 750-800 on pump gas and close to 1000 on Race/meth.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:25 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Im anxious to see your numbers with your procharger intake setup.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Haha, yep, that pretty much sums it up. I'm gonna have to dig that Lightning vs. M3 video up just to make myself feel better! haha

Almo, I'm doing a .020 over block with stock crank, Oliver Billet rods, Coated JE pistons putting it to 9.2-1 Compression, with Livernois stage II heads and Modular performance spec Turbo cams, under an empty 03 Cobra lower intake with a Procharger sheet metal upper, with a Hellion twin 61mm turbo kit stuffing in 15-16#'s on pump gas and probably 20-22#'s on race gas/meth. I also just got my viper spec tranny back from Liberty gear after a rebuild and faceplate of 1st-4th gears. I'm also installing a Lethal returnless fuel set up with the Fore hat, Triple GT pumps, MDM, and Fore rails with 79# injectors. I'm hoping for 750-800 on pump gas and close to 1000 on Race/meth.
You running a live axle already? What made you go with a a Hellion?
You're going to have a beast on your hands.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:29 AM
2bscrewed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Almo
You running a live axle already? What made you go with a a Hellion?
You're going to have a beast on your hands.
Ya, It's braced with 31 spline Mosers and a True trac. Their kits seem to be the best quality and they have great customer service. Vitale is also a dealer so I got it at cost. I'm hoping so. It's gonna be like a whole new car.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:14 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
The REAL question is to John...

John, you own a drag strip, sooooo, what did the ZR1 run stock and what did it run with your mods?
Peter

Old 01-19-2009, 07:27 AM
madmo has a spectacular aura aboutmadmo has a spectacular aura aboutmadmo has a spectacular aura about
Is it me or are you guys splitting hairs or a atom? Calm down it's a nice car.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
al7zin_ad is on a distinguished road
Wait a minute, doesn't the ZR1 make 600 HP stock?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:01 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by al7zin_ad
Wait a minute, doesn't the ZR1 make 600 HP stock?
Its like 640 at the crank this is at the wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded 2009 ZR1 Video: 581 rwhp & 599 rw tq