American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Dodge Viper SRT ACR-X

Old 12-13-2009, 08:56 AM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Well so far there's the Laguna Seca (red wheels) and the Voodoo. I'm guessing there will be more

Old 12-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Banned
Immanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by avonlady
Sick car but only major track rats will go for these. Not to say that's a bad thing. But why not make some crazy final edition ones for the street ( minus the red rim one). Or is there still more to come?
I'd say that there is more to come. And if they come with Vin numbers you can convert it back to street legal. The only things not making it street legal is the full roll cage and the no cats ( if no high-flow cat is in there) replace the stock Viper doors to the street viper door interior/window. By the time you do all that you should just by a stock viper ACR and mod up. You can easily gain 40 hp on the already 600hp viper engine.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:52 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MTGTS
The X was able to do consistant 1:31's. The BEST time for the reg. ACR was 1:33.92
Exactly. Thats not "more than 3 secs" like the article stated. Also Winkler vs a pro level driver on two different days? Variables. Id like to see the pro level driver wring both out on the same day and Id bet the gap would close down by at least .4-.5....What Im getting at, and I may be wrong on my premise, is that they could have gotten this level of performance and still kept the car streetable.

So many things could have been added/subtracted from the street ACR to get it to this level and still keep it streetlegal.

Example:

[1] Lightweight reclining racing seats[since it could still have been a street car. Or they could have gone GT2/GT3 style and added full race seats and still kept it streetlegal. Huge weight savings over those heavy leather factory butt gloves. Probably 15-20lb savings for each seat maybe.

[2]Add a titanium exhaust system, lighter headers free flow carbon intake. Probably the biggest weight savings here. Probably 40-50lb savings here.

[3]Add a light weight 11-15lb battery in place of the heavy factory one. Probably save around 20-30lbs there.

[4]CC brake rotors to save a bit more unsprung weight.

[5]Maybe even lighter flywheel to help get up the rev range faster.

Theres a series involved in this I understand. And the addition of the roll bar and safty equipment would inevitibly added weight so this is just my wishful thinking on a better street version of the ACR. Too bad that the ACR-X's Ring time, if they ever do a run there, would be left off the streetlegal list. I think it would surely beat the Gumpert Apollo's time or at least be around there, but its a racecar only now.

Last edited by snakebitten; 12-13-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 AM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Originally Posted by snakebitten
Exactly. Thats not "more than 3 secs" like the article stated. Also Winkler vs a pro level driver on two different days? Variables. Id like to see the pro level driver wring both out on the same day and Id bet the gap would close down by at least .4-.5....What Im getting at, and I may be wrong on my premise, is that they could have gotten this level of performance and still kept the car streetable.

So many things could have been added/subtracted from the street ACR to get it to this level and still keep it streetlegal.

Example:

[1] Lightweight reclining racing seats[since it could still have been a street car. Or they could have gone GT2/GT3 style and added full race seats and still kept it streetlegal. Huge weight savings over those heavy leather factory butt gloves. Probably 15-20lb savings for each seat maybe.

[2]Add a titanium exhaust system, lighter headers free flow carbon intake. Probably the biggest weight savings here. Probably 40-50lb savings here.

[3]Add a light weight 11-15lb battery in place of the heavy factory one. Probably save around 20-30lbs there.

[4]CC brake rotors to save a bit more unsprung weight.

[5]Maybe even lighter flywheel to help get up the rev range faster.

Theres a series involved in this I understand. And the addition of the roll bar and safty equipment would inevitibly added weight so this is just my wishful thinking on a better street version of the ACR. Too bad that the ACR-X's Ring time, if they ever do a run there, would be left off the streetlegal list. I think it would surely beat the Gumpert Apollo's time or at least be around there, but its a racecar only now.
I agree with you on that they coulda prob. made the reg. ACR even MORE hardcore.
Def. agree with you on the seats, but cost prob goes up.
Titanium exhaust, would be nice but again costs go up.
Battery could have been done for sure been their are usually reliabilty issues with the lightwieght ones if not used ofter and then they'd be replacing them under warranty left and right.
What do the CC's use as far as brakes? Stoptech 2 piece is def. nice. I run them on my car.
Flywheel would have be great, I have a chromoly on my car.

Lots of people will be doing these mods to their ACR's anyways.

I can't wait to see what the 2010 is gonna run @ The Ring. Sub 7:20's for sure.

I'm sure people will be adding these "X" parts to there reg. ACR's. The big thing was the exhaust change I'm sure and tryign to meet emmissions and getting certified. Woulda cost a fortune they don't have any $$$ for that thus not being able to keep the "street legal" title.

Last edited by MTGTS; 12-13-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:10 AM