American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2000 HP, no wheelie bars, stock suspension, drag radials = GOOD VIDEO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
wow......

Old 03-11-2010, 07:38 PM
widebody350 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ()utlaw
If the Lambo wants to bet money that he can beat anything on the street, even an LSX on a radial...just say the word.
Don't know if MikeAWD has access to a TTG, but he has made statements about high hp AWD cars and some EVO he has that hauls ***. For the forum's sake please get together with an LSwhatever and an AWD whatever, then race somewhere, on some Mexican street with videos/other members present so there can be no excuses/no bs. Thank you to both parties who step up and put this to rest.
OP aside from the street racing call-out, that was a pretty unreal youtube video you posted. Those things are riding wheelies longer and at angles most motorcycle riders wish they could get to lol.

Germeezy- You gotta learn to get over things, that other thread was like a month ago and it sounds like you're still sour. What do you drive btw? You seem pretty adamant about LS based RWD cars being the fastest out there. Also, no one ever argued that you can go faster in a straight line with an American car than with a Lambo, b/c if nothing else, the Lambo costs more. The TT set-up that most of these Gs are running costs over $100,000 IIRC, so no **** the Mustang/Corvette with all you can do to it costs less, as the Lambo is a minimum of $80k(cheap end) then $100k on top of that, but the TTG does get a warranty. The argument, is however, not about cost, but about pure performance in a straight line, which is a TTG running 9.1 at 169 vs anything LS based and RWD on the STREET. I'm hoping that two people with these style/spec cars will line up to kill this argument.

Last edited by widebody350; 03-11-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
Drag racing has always suffered from "richest guy wins" syndrome. By making it difficult to get the car to hook and stay hooked makes it anyones game. Thats why the tires keep getting smaller and the wheelie bars have been tossed ( a mustang has been 7.20 on 275mm drag radials) and another Mustang with a Twin turbo BBC went 4.44 @ 178 in the 1/8 mile (winner of race in the video) David Wolfe.
I was wondering what Wolf was powered by.. who holds the DR record now? Last I checked Hance had it at like 6.83, I imagine Wolfe should reclaim the record if he ran the 1/4.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 PM
()utlaw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Memphis
I was wondering what Wolf was powered by.. who holds the DR record now? Last I checked Hance had it at like 6.83, I imagine Wolfe should reclaim the record if he ran the 1/4.
Wolfe has the record right now...few pics of his ride

Old 03-12-2010, 12:49 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by widebody350
Don't know if MikeAWD has access to a TTG, but he has made statements about high hp AWD cars and some EVO he has that hauls ***. For the forum's sake please get together with an LSwhatever and an AWD whatever, then race somewhere, on some Mexican street with videos/other members present so there can be no excuses/no bs. Thank you to both parties who step up and put this to rest.
OP aside from the street racing call-out, that was a pretty unreal youtube video you posted. Those things are riding wheelies longer and at angles most motorcycle riders wish they could get to lol.

Germeezy- You gotta learn to get over things, that other thread was like a month ago and it sounds like you're still sour. What do you drive btw? You seem pretty adamant about LS based RWD cars being the fastest out there. Also, no one ever argued that you can go faster in a straight line with an American car than with a Lambo, b/c if nothing else, the Lambo costs more. The TT set-up that most of these Gs are running costs over $100,000 IIRC, so no **** the Mustang/Corvette with all you can do to it costs less, as the Lambo is a minimum of $80k(cheap end) then $100k on top of that, but the TTG does get a warranty. The argument, is however, not about cost, but about pure performance in a straight line, which is a TTG running 9.1 at 169 vs anything LS based and RWD on the STREET. I'm hoping that two people with these style/spec cars will line up to kill this argument.

I drive a Corvette actually, its no mystery and I usually don't hide that fact. The fact is I said is that Mike is doing a lot of presuming when he says no RWD or LSx car can beat that Gallardo on the street. I didn't say on what tire or what chassis, but he made that blanket statement. He was wrong, its a flat out fact when cars are running in the 7's on a 275 drag radial, those cars would hook on the street running a 10.5 slick.

I have a lowly nitrous Corvette and I never have lost a race, never no matter what the challenger. But I would never think that because I beat certain " drivers " that I can beat certain cars especially beating cars putting down 150-200 more rwhp than me because of the driver.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:26 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
if the lambo wants to bet money that he can beat anything on the street, even an lsx on a radial...just say the word.

:d :d :d :d

Old 03-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
Maybe one of the Ohio boyz would run one