American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2000 HP, no wheelie bars, stock suspension, drag radials = GOOD VIDEO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:07 PM
()utlaw is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 2000 HP, no wheelie bars, stock suspension, drag radials = GOOD VIDEO

Race was 2 weeks ago at SGMP. Class is called Outlaw Drag radial...one of newest and most popular drag racing classes out there right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfuhT...layer_embedded

Old 03-08-2010, 02:40 PM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
Nice vid ,, Thnx for sharing
But whats the benefits from not changing the suspension ?? isnt it unsafe ?!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
thats gotta starve the crap out of the oil pump

Old 03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Drag racing has always suffered from "richest guy wins" syndrome. By making it difficult to get the car to hook and stay hooked makes it anyones game. Thats why the tires keep getting smaller and the wheelie bars have been tossed ( a mustang has been 7.20 on 275mm drag radials) and another Mustang with a Twin turbo BBC went 4.44 @ 178 in the 1/8 mile (winner of race in the video) David Wolfe.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:55 PM
bb996+r1 is infamous around these parts
Well godddamn.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:15 PM
YellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of light
scary fast cars !!! very exciting to watch , thanks!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Man where were you guys when I was told that a 9.1 @ 169 Gallardo would beat any car and especially one LSx based! That Vette is trapping higher in the 1/8th on a drag radial than the Gallardo traps in the 1/4 mile with AWD. I am sure even on a bad day that car would rip that Gallardo a new one on the street.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Platinum Sponsor
WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great Video!! impressive to say the least

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
While it says stock suspension it must really be stock location.. Those cars are sick.. I really like that class setup.. you cant buy timeslips with that class..

Germeezy- These cars will go nowhere close to low 9s on the street.. I still stick to my guns as i have been street racing a VERY long time.. I have destroyed powerglide drag radial 8.89 cars when i was running 9.6's AWD.. it AINT happening on the street..

a very good example.. where are all the RWD cars in the Unprepped standing mile?? 1 supra, the rest are gallardos.. The supra doesnt hook until well into the 1/4 mile portion..

Old 03-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
While it says stock suspension it must really be stock location.. Those cars are sick.. I really like that class setup.. you cant buy timeslips with that class..

Germeezy- These cars will go nowhere close to low 9s on the street.. I still stick to my guns as i have been street racing a VERY long time.. I have destroyed powerglide drag radial 8.89 cars when i was running 9.6's AWD.. it AINT happening on the street..

a very good example.. where are all the RWD cars in the Unprepped standing mile?? 1 supra, the rest are gallardos.. The supra doesnt hook until well into the 1/4 mile portion..
On a prepped street, they will run very close..at least if they ran on 10.5 slicks instead of the radials. Not long ago they did this in Texas and among the 8-9 second Muscle cars, two 8 second Eagle Talons showed up (both previously unbeaten in 1/8 mile unprepped street races).

Neither won a race...or even came close....here is the event video

http://1320video.com/CDVtrailer.php

Old 03-11-2010, 02:36 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Your racing the right cars Mike with the wrong drivers...when you can pedal a 1500 hp car down the drag strip on a 275 DR than hooking on the street on a 10.5 slick is child's play ( relatively). When your talking straight line racing, their are alot of cars out there that would laugh at a car trapping 169.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Your racing the right cars Mike with the wrong drivers...when you can pedal a 1500 hp car down the drag strip on a 275 DR than hooking on the street on a 10.5 slick is child's play ( relatively). When your talking straight line racing, their are alot of cars out there that would laugh at a car trapping 169.
werd.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:17 PM
utahviper is on a distinguished road
That was just sick! That mustang made it look effortless. I cant believe what they can run now a days.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:46 PM
I think you import guys forget the fastest cars on the planet always have been American cars, and RWD American cars at that. They use an American based Hemi engine, and American companies provide most of the parts to build them. I always make it a point to learn my competition, maybe you import guys should to?

When the Gallardo's can run 7's on a 275 drag radial with the front driveshaft disconnected then I will get on my knees and worship them like so many do! The TT G's are some of the baddest street cars in existence but the Lambo's are not the only game in town! When it comes to drag racing and straight line speed only, I know of alot cheaper ways to achieve sub 9's.

I believe the quote was nothing LSX based or RWD can hang on the street with the 9.1 @ 169 Gallardo. Never say never!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:13 PM
If the Lambo wants to bet money that he can beat anything on the street, even an LSX on a radial...just say the word.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2000 HP, no wheelie bars, stock suspension, drag radials = GOOD VIDEO