American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Some prelimnary new z06 performance numbers:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 05:51 AM
Banned
sticky is on a distinguished road
Some prelimnary new z06 performance numbers:

http://www.germantechnik.com/showthread.php?t=13629

If it does what they say it is doing, then it won't be beat. That trap speed is ridiculous, even the ford GT will have trouble with it.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:34 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
The porsche turbo has it's work cut out to keep up or beat this. Thanks for the post

Old 01-04-2005, 06:42 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
Damn!

That car will destroy a stock tt. I think my tuned car at well over double the price would have some trouble.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Good for GM, hopefully this will be a wake up call to other manufacturers.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:20 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by ColorChange
Damn!

That car will destroy a stock tt.
Yeah, but one is a Porsche and one is a Vette. Anyone who owns a Porsche could have owned a Vette (or do currently), for the most part. Not knocking the Vette. I may have one some day in addition to my Porsche, but this type of post is better off in OT and comparisions between Porcshes,Vettes and Vipers is silly. Different cars for different folks.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:36 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
I know Rockitman, the Guido factor just kills me!

Old 01-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Not this again.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:42 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !

the I bought a porsche as a status symbol isn't much better

Old 01-04-2005, 09:54 AM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
The guido factor I can live with (who cares), the whole Chevy experience may be a deal killer for me. Went to look at the new C6 the other day and I thought the salesman was going to hump my leg. So pathetic.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:15 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MJC123
The guido factor I can live with (who cares), the whole Chevy experience may be a deal killer for me. Went to look at the new C6 the other day and I thought the salesman was going to hump my leg. So pathetic.

almost all car salesman are the same, no matter what they sell

Old 01-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
almost all car salesman are the same, no matter what they sell
Most car salesmen and service advisors are complete dicks, no matter the brand.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by neil.schneider
The porsche turbo has it's work cut out to keep up or beat this. Thanks for the post
My prediction is that the 997 Turbo will be faster 0-60, and very close to equal in the quarter mile. It will handle much better than the ZO6 though, and will be faster on the track. Oh, and reliability? No contest...

Old 01-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Dock (Atlanta)
My prediction is that the 997 Turbo will be faster 0-60, and very close to equal in the quarter mile. It will handle much better than the ZO6 though, and will be faster on the track. Oh, and reliability? No contest...
well, the 996TT isn't faster then the C5 Z06 if i'm not mistaken. I bet they'll be close, but I doubt the turbo will handle "much" better.

And as far as reliability, it'll be interesting, there was a big thread about this and a bunch of people from this board owned c5's w/ no problem. And afterall, porsche right now isn't known for their reliability.

Old 01-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
well, the 996TT isn't faster then the C5 Z06 if i'm not mistaken. I bet they'll be close, but I doubt the turbo will handle "much" better.
The 996 Turbo as fast or faster than the ZO6 0-60 mph (Turbo tested at 3.9 sec) and in the quarter mile (Turbo tested at 11.9), and it's faster 100-XXX mph. The X50 Turbo is even faster (tested 3.7 sec 0-60, and it traps in the low 120's in the quarter).

The 997 Turbo will be faster than the X50.

As for handling, Porsche's active suspension with AWD intergration is going to be an eye opener. As a matter of fact, with the eventual end of the "horsepower wars" the new frontier is in suspensions and handling, and Porsche will set a new standard that will be hard to equal in this area.

And as far as reliability, it'll be interesting, there was a big thread about this and a bunch of people from this board owned c5's w/ no problem. And afterall, porsche right now isn't known for their reliability.
The new ZO6 has plenty of parts that heven't been "street tested" by owners. The aluminum hydroformed structure is entirely new and the associated atachments are made with metal-inert gas welding, laser welding, and riveting. My guess is they are going to have a huge problem with "noises" from this structure, and any repair will be very expensive. There is very little metal between the cylinders (only 0.5mm can be bored over through the life of the car), and my guess is there will be problems with this over time. The stroke is so long that "short" pistons with skirts were required because they come so far out of the block. Again, my guess is this will be a problem.