American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

CTS-V , Thoughts ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 01:13 PM
q8kamikaze will become famous soon enough
Question CTS-V , Thoughts ?

Hello Gentlemen ,
I was in chevy dealer today early and i saw a beautiful black Cadillac CTS-V fully
Loaded with light gray interior ( don't know what they call it ) , i already want to search for a 997TT but this black Caddy changed my Mind , Tomorrow i will go to the dealer and see if we can make a fair deal. So what you guys think ??
18 HOURS LIFT , TIK TAK TOK .

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-17-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: not enough posts and not in open forum
Old 05-17-2011, 10:52 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
After driving many vehicles in my lifetime,..I think the 2nd gen V series(09 and up) is by far one of the greatest cars of these times. It's a very well thought out platform, that does well with excepting mods. Even stock, it's great...but modded,...they respond so well. Truly a great car.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Drove my friends several times and it's far from perfect IMO. Depends on what/how you're using it. Tough to compare a 997TT to CTS-V, but they are both fast. If you are talking 2011+ Turbo then top 3 fastest cars in the world vs. Caddy way out of the money. Panamera Turbo is pricey & homely but will leave the CTS-V for dead. Caddy gives you a lot for the $ vs. others...

Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
ZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant future
As Red Devil said, it's not perfect, but it sure is a heck of a ride. I drive my in-laws' everytime I get a chance, and I always walk away with a smile.

Appearance is nice, ride is nice, handling is really good, brakes and power...le whoa!

I feel it's an awesome car, especially for the money.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:17 AM
1fast1 is on a distinguished road
best daily car for the money - I own a 2010 V and it is the best daily driver I've had (Range Rover, CL55, 911, G500, etc).

Old 05-19-2011, 06:37 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Panamera Turbo is pricey & homely but will leave the CTS-V for dead. Caddy gives you a lot for the $ vs. others...
I decided to look into this statement some and came up with Nuremberg times.....3 seconds is hardly leaving a car for dead around such a large track. Agreed that it gives a LOT for the $ since its half the price!

http://www.insideline.com/porsche/pa...est-sedan.html

In fact, it beat both of our cars at the ring and was only 2 seconds back from a 997 TT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring_lap_times
Now.....how about that CTS-V wagon for a daily driver....now to convince the wife!

Old 05-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Truck Jam is on a distinguished road
Do it! I got mine and its already on its way... to D3!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:16 PM
DoingOK is on a distinguished road
I never thought I would own a caddy........but I am very pleased with this one so far. I'm coming from a modded C6Z06 so this V is waiting for new headers, exhaust, pulley, etc. to come in. I also have Forgeline GA3R wheels being made with a centerlock option. Gonna be fun with ~650hp on tap

Old 05-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice cars. Respond well to mods. Drive nice and are an excellent deal for the $$$ in my opinion. Keep us posted!

Old 05-21-2011, 03:31 PM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
nice, the coupes look great....

Old 05-27-2011, 06:37 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DoingOK
I never thought I would own a caddy........but I am very pleased with this one so far. I'm coming from a modded C6Z06 so this V is waiting for new headers, exhaust, pulley, etc. to come in. I also have Forgeline GA3R wheels being made with a centerlock option. Gonna be fun with ~650hp on tap

Good looking car.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:41 PM
357cstang is on a distinguished road
They're fantastic cars. I was a fan of the 1st gens, but the 2nd gen took it to a whole different level.

When I'm WOT in 3rd and a mildly modded CTS-V stays next to me, that's an impressive car. Then to think he has A/C seats, a better track suspension system, a more comfortable suspension setting, 4 doors and possibly the best interior GM has ever offered (OK Not saying a lot)... I've thought of trading the car in.

Great daily and by far the best bang for the buck in 4 door sedans with pep.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
I own quite a few toys, and my '09 CTS-V is one of my favorites of all time. It does everything well. I added a crank pulley and cold air intake and the car makes 550 rwhp now. It has humiliated plenty of challengers on the highway.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:52 AM
V - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of light
would love to see a new stock V race a new stock turbo panamera from a roll on the highway.....i have a strong feeling politics is at play when they say the panamera is faster.

I have driven both....the V feels faster, and has trapped a higher MPH in the 1/4

Old 05-30-2011, 07:54 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I went around a track with a pro driver in a ctsv and it blew my mind
The car is outrageous

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CTS-V , Thoughts ?