American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

CTS-V , Thoughts ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Domsz06 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
I was making an example of what can be bought for under 50k or so (used) and is faster-
has more room by far-better riding - better looking etc.
The original poster asked thoughts on the V and asked our opinions and thoughts. Mine was keep 30k in your pocket and buy a nice used S65.

SEE POST #27

If you wanna compare new to new the 2012 C63 looks pretty interesting

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mercede...-ar102537.html

but why would you want to buy an 06 when you can have a '10?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Domsz06
but why would you want to buy an 06 when you can have a '10?
pure value - you can buy a car that costs almost 200k back in 2006 for less than 50k
with less than 35,000 miles and lot's of life left. sorry in my opinion i'd rather own an 06 or 07 s65 rather than a brand new v. too each his own!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:28 AM
TMC CL65 is a jewel in the roughTMC CL65 is a jewel in the roughTMC CL65 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
pure value - you can buy a car that costs almost 200k back in 2006 for less than 50k
with less than 35,000 miles and lot's of life left. sorry in my opinion i'd rather own an 06 or 07 s65 rather than a brand new v. too each his own!
First of all a used '07 S65 is going to cost more than a new CTS-V (unless someone poured 100K miles on the odometer. secondaly, compare apples to apples. A used CTS-V with similar mileage will likely be cheaper than the S65.

An S65 is similar in straight line performance to the CTS-V. Yes, the '06 (W220) S65 has a lot more room than the CTS-V. The S65 also weighs 600lbs more. If handling is at all a priority, the CTS-V is in another universe in that regard. I found my CL65's (a cut-down S-class platform with the same ABC suspension) ride less comfortable than the CTS-V... which was a shock to me. The CTS-V's Magnetic Ride Control is fantastic at being both sporty and comfortable.

Then there is the warranty issues. Owning a Biturbo V12 with an ABC suspension without a warranty is highly risky. As discussed in previous posts, most warranty companies will not cover the 65 AMG models...and those that do will ask for a pound of flesh.

It all comes down to what you value.

Tom

Old 06-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Great car. Period. There is not further discussion needed and we the wagon looks even better!

Old 06-27-2011, 04:12 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
Great car. Period. There is not further discussion needed and we the wagon looks even better!
I agree on the wagon looking better, now if I can just convince the wife that we need it as a DD with the little one and all.....

Old 10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Well good luck with that! I mean it! When you do, we have a set of wheels in stock for that car you can get right away!

Old 10-31-2011, 04:28 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I just ordered a wagon... I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

White, 6spd, satin black wheels, recaros, etc etc.

Probably show up in Jan or Feb.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Well if the Americans are starting to build toys like that, I'll have to think about getting one!!

Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bimmeristic
Well if the Americans are starting to build toys like that, I'll have to think about getting one!!
I'll let you know what I think!

Event Date Event Status
10/25/2011 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
11/02/2011 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Just bought a new 2011 Sedan V. What a great car. I have had some great cars and this rates right up there with the best. I am super impressed. I'm gonna post a thread with pics and will keep up with mod updates. I highly recommend a V to anyone.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Blitzkrieg will become famous soon enough
The quickest ET for a stock CTS-V is 11.6x and the quickest trap is 121mph. I have personally ran an 11.9 @ 119mph in mine when it was stock and cut a 1.6 60'. Now after some light mods (pulley, cat back, intake, heat exchanger, tune) I average 11.4 @ 126mph on street tires and pump gas.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Saw a beautiful black CTS-V this morning on my way to work. I was in the 997TT and watched him watching me as I slowly passed him in our rush-hour traffic. Oh how I wish I lived in the rural midwest during those potential quick-race moments

Old 11-12-2011, 06:47 AM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
The quickest ET for a stock CTS-V is 11.6x and the quickest trap is 121mph. I have personally ran an 11.9 @ 119mph in mine when it was stock and cut a 1.6 60'. Now after some light mods (pulley, cat back, intake, heat exchanger, tune) I average 11.4 @ 126mph on street tires and pump gas.

Impressive!

Is your car auto or manual?

Old 11-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Vrrooom is on a distinguished road
Do it. 4 doors, fast, easy to mod.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:58 AM
TrevorD is on a distinguished road
One of the best cars on the road! I had a 6-speed manual '09, and I thought I wanted to sell it. I did, and I have regretted it since. So, I am picking up a 2,900-mile '09 in Dallas this next weekend. I also have a '10 ZR1, but I enjoy the V more. The ZR1 is a phenomenal car, but 10,000 miles on a ZR1 is considered high mileage. LOL So, I seem to be more conscious of keeping the miles down on this car than I typically am with any other car. I'm also a little burned out on the dated C6 interior and Atari-like navigation. I'm getting rid of the ZR1 and will wait for the C7 model. I will enjoy the CTS-V more from the practicality standpoint, and they do better at holding value than the C6's (at least from the used car standpoint. The C6's will take another hit on value as the C7 gets close to production.

Get a CTS-V and don't look back. My last '09 made 580 RWHP with a lower pulley, upgraded heat exchanger, and tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CTS-V , Thoughts ?