American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

MotorTrend Reviews SRT Viper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM
6Speed Editor
6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute
MotorTrend Reviews SRT Viper

Check it out here: MotorTrend Reviews SRT Viper

Beast. That's really all that needs to be said about it. The Viper is the most hostile sports car this side of TVR. But the new one is SUPPOSED to be more civilized. Is it though? MT finds out.

http://youtu.be/0lK_b-5gerM

Old 12-28-2012, 12:31 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
This is so silly, it's laughable...

As anyone who actually enjoys driving knows, there’s more to a car than specs. The ZR1 is fast. No doubt. But does it inspire fear? Does it warrant respect? The Corvette is fast, but the Viper is fast and hostile. I like that. What do you think?
So now cars have to be scary? What are we - stuck in the '80s?

So now the ZR-1 is the car that is fast, too easy to drive, and good on paper? What have we come to?

Stupid articles... They make everything that is already shiny and new look shiny and new. News flash - high HP in a RWD has been done before. The ZR-1 did it - very well.

You want scary? Get a Shelby AC Cobra.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:03 AM
BOXER12 is on a distinguished road
Of course, the original Viper team had the Cobra as the 'model' that it was aspiring too...that is what all the Viper purists still want, a real hair raising ride, while SRT wants to keep the brand alive with more sales (which means more civilized and better looking than the last model with a better interior). I am surprised about negative 'seat' comments since you would never hear such a comment about an F40 or Challenge Stradale...

Old 01-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Gerry22 is on a distinguished road
It is in the shoddy car reviewers thesaurus under Viper, along with not daily drivable, and bad exhaust note. I have no idea where they find these guys, I daily drove my viper's for years and astonishingly I am still alive and my feet are in one piece.

The 2013 is SRT trying to make a car that will sell outside of the the Viper faithful, and while I am a little off put by the cost the creature comforts will go a long way to keep the car alive.