American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Z06 fans read this

Old 09-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Kinesis 996 is on a distinguished road
Z06 fans read this

The car pretty much spank all of its competition. I m not sure if the 997 turbo will be faster or not, but i m sure nothing can beat its price.

***NOTE***
People that appreciate this car are the true enthusiast because for what it can perform and not what brand it is. Doesn’t matter if it is a Cheay or not, this can out perform anything in its class, that I give them props! I don't care if it is a chevy or not, but they won 4 times straight in Le Mans and the 5th was barely a lost only because something went wrong but still came in at 2nd and 3rd. I guess you couldn't really say "Is just a chevy" when they took so many victories...enough said.

Last edited by Kinesis 996; 09-10-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Kev
Kev is on a distinguished road
Like MT said.........."Sell the Ferrari!"

Old 09-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
oh man.....

Old 09-10-2005, 04:55 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
still a chevy. enough said.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:36 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally posted by maxwell
still a chevy. enough said.
Very true but what makes a car fun for me is how it feels. When you are driving it everyday and on canyon road who cares about the performance numbers? It is all about how the car feels and makes you feel. Every review I read on this car says the chassis is very uncommunicative. That for me ruins it. I don't care if the thing had 700hp if it doesn't have the feel and feedback that a world class sports car has, it's not a world class sports car.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:42 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
I am not so much a fan of American muscle;But for less than half the price of A turbo,its a pretty good deal..... But the new 997turbo is gonna beat the **** out of that thing!!

Old 09-10-2005, 05:56 PM
bayareaferrari is an unknown quantity at this point
The Z06 is made of fiberglass, not steel like a Porsche. Performance is great from 0-60 but who races from 0-60 but Z06 guys. Again the performance is very good on this car and shows that several of the car builders are putting our great products.

The reality that your average Corvette owner could hit these numbers is less than likely.

I have driven the Z06, they feel cheap but do look nicer than before.

My guess is that the 0-60 times were not run by a Corvette owner. The elmination of the weight from the gold chains allowed these driver to post these great times, normal Z06 owners will run in mid to high 4's.......

Old 09-10-2005, 06:46 PM
ciggy1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Z06 fans read this

I think you would find more Z06 fans on a Chevy/Z06 message board

BFD

Old 09-10-2005, 07:32 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Z06 fans read this

Originally posted by ciggy1
I think you would find more Z06 fans on a Chevy/Z06 message board

BFD

I don't know, there are a bunch on here who enjoy it, and probably a dozen that have one on order or will very soon

Old 09-10-2005, 08:26 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I have a deposit on one. I think it will be a great car.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
0 - 60 in 3.6
0 - 100 in 7.9

That's smokn' for stock!

Still have a bigger bone for the GT40.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Kinesis 996 is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: Z06 fans read this

Originally posted by HotRodGuy
I don't know, there are a bunch on here who enjoy it, and probably a dozen that have one on order or will very soon
Thats correct. A true car enthusiast will enjoy cars all shape and size no matter what brand it is.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Banned
StephenTi is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by monsoonmadness
I am not so much a fan of American muscle;But for less than half the price of A turbo,its a pretty good deal..... But the new 997turbo is gonna beat the **** out of that thing!!

Really... how so?

Old 09-10-2005, 11:58 PM
K24madness is on a distinguished road
Looks like these are the good old days! Glad to see Chevy bring such a hot rod to market. Performance has been on the steep incline over the past few years. Since Chevy has dropped the ax others will soon follow.

As an example of the changes I SMOKED a ferrari 308 in my 2003 ford lightning pickup (500+whp) from a stoplight. I bet when that car was introduced they never thought that would happen. These truck run into the 10's with few mods.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally posted by monsoonmadness
The 997 Turbo is going to need a factory roll bar for when it rolls over and pisses on itself.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Z06 fans read this