Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AMV8 NEW parts and modifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 PM
VANTAGE DESIGN is on a distinguished road
AMV8 NEW parts and modifications

Hi, I am designing several parts for my AMV8. I am a professional car designer and have worked in the automotive industry for nine years, and have worked on several sports cars. Thus, I have access to various machines, materials, 3D scanners etc…
Since there is a lack of accessories and parts available apart from the ProDrive parts (but they are extremely over priced), I thought I would make my own, using the best technology and parts available, and if anyone is interested they will be available for a fraction of the parts currently available.
I am initially going to make a carbon fibre front splitter, and a carbon fibre rear diffuser. I will engineer the parts such that they will fix to the car using existing brackets. I am then going to design a rear spoiler that actually looks good and is functional (I will be doing aerodynamic tests on it). I also plan to design a replacement side(wing) mirror holder, one which is chrome that matches the trim around the window, so it all looks one part.
If anyone is interested please let me know, since I am going to make parts for my car anyway.
Regards

Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Good Luck, any pics of the car?

Old 10-23-2007, 02:32 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Good luck will definatley be checking this thread back because a friend of mine has a V8 vantage and wants some CF goodies such as rear wing and front lip spoiler, a rear diffussor will def make it look very sporty.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:49 PM
pierceman is on a distinguished road
very interesting, have fun! keep us posted

Old 10-25-2007, 02:57 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Sounds interesting, if you ever need CF manufacture to produce the parts. Let me know, I may able to help.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Aston Man is on a distinguished road
I am always interested in seeing what you might have to offer

Old 10-27-2007, 12:36 PM
vincenzo is on a distinguished road
Hi Vantage Design,

I would be interested in carbon fiber mirror covers. Thanks.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
VANTAGE DESIGN is on a distinguished road
Hi, that sounds like a good idea, that is definitly a part i would consider. I have started to make a far more comprehensive list of all the parts I am going to progress with, i will post it soon.

Regards,

[/quote]

Old 10-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
You had better change your user name and dont even think of posting phone numbers or conducting business here untill you get permission from a forum owner/administrator. Its grounds for a permanant ban.
Nothing personal, just need you to follow the rules to keep it fair to our sponsors

Old 10-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shawn C
You had better change your user name and dont even think of posting phone numbers or conducting business here untill you get permission from a forum owner/administrator. Its grounds for a permanant ban.
Nothing personal, just need you to follow the rules to keep it fair to our sponsors
well dont you get a warning first before permanent ban?
anyways, sounds great!

Old 10-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
What do you think that was??? Most dont new users dont even get that.