Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Aston Questions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Hellcat02 is on a distinguished road
New Aston Questions?

Current Aston Owners, I'm considering getting out of my 2002 Carrera and looking at the AMV8. Does anyone know if scheduled maintenance is covered by Aston and do they provide loaner cars. I've been spoiled by BMW in the past and I always thought Porsche could be a bit more generous when servicing the vehicles. Any info is appreciated.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:07 PM
pratt is on a distinguished road
i am getting rid of my 03turbo for an 09 amv8. Park Place in Seattle said they will provide loaner cars if it is necessary (overnight stay of car at dealership). I never asked about scheduled maintence, I assume I will pay for these.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
AM offers a 3 year warranty that covers just about everything - yes there is some scheduled maintenance but this compaires to Porsche care as far as cost (first one free). My dealer gives me a car if I need to come in for anything - does not matter if one day or several (which has not happened). Dealer has been extremely helpful, friendly and simply tries very hard to please me and keep my business. Kinda far to come from your coast to mine but I have been very happy. Then again we have 2 P car dealers here in Tampa Bay area - one sucks the other is great. Only one AM in area. If you need more details I woulod suggest spending a little time w/ a AM service advisor - they will answer your questions and you can get a feel for how that dealer/service will treat you after purchase.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:56 AM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
My dealer in Chicago (Lake Forest) is very good about service. He provides a loaner car whenever I've brought the car in for service as long as I schedule it. I would stay away from any dealership that doesn't do this for someone that has bought an Aston.

Henry

Old 01-12-2008, 06:53 AM
masaston is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
AM offers a 3 year warranty that covers just about everything - yes there is some scheduled maintenance but this compaires to Porsche care as far as cost (first one free). My dealer gives me a car if I need to come in for anything - does not matter if one day or several (which has not happened). Dealer has been extremely helpful, friendly and simply tries very hard to please me and keep my business. Kinda far to come from your coast to mine but I have been very happy. Then again we have 2 P car dealers here in Tampa Bay area - one sucks the other is great. Only one AM in area. If you need more details I woulod suggest spending a little time w/ a AM service advisor - they will answer your questions and you can get a feel for how that dealer/service will treat you after purchase.
i bought my car in palm beach . the drive from north florida is about the same to come to you . service trips are overnight as i drive down in the morning and come home the next day .they rent me a car .the last warranty issue which was dimples in deck am of palm beach could not do the cure so am approved Atlanta to do service bulletin 236 and also dimples . they picked up and delivered back to me. very nice to deal with.
How is your dealer . I am bored of palm beach area as an overnight stay. Would it be fun to stay in St. pete for a service trip overnight. I have never been there.
regards
michael

Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Dealer here is actualy AM of Tampa - and they are great. Service advisor I use is Jon - a Brit that is just super. I highly rec'd them. As for stay here - Tampa has more night life than St Pete. St Pete has the beaches. So it kinda depends on what you are looking for and if you bring a passenger with you for the stay ... yes it can be a lot of fun. St Pete GP is coming soon - AM should be there racing - think of a mini Monaco - yes the boats are getting that big ...

Old 01-17-2008, 04:12 PM
bubba is on a distinguished road
I second the efficiency, and professionalism of AM of Tampa. They're a first class group.

Dealer here is actualy AM of Tampa - and they are great. Service advisor I use is Jon - a Brit that is just super. I highly rec'd them. As for stay here - Tampa has more night life than St Pete. St Pete has the beaches. So it kinda depends on what you are looking for and if you bring a passenger with you for the stay ... yes it can be a lot of fun. St Pete GP is coming soon - AM should be there racing - think of a mini Monaco - yes the boats are getting that big ...

Old 01-20-2008, 06:48 AM
masaston is on a distinguished road
when is the st pete gp. do you think aston will be doing anything for the owners in the way of a tent or the like .would love to see that if the timing was good .may have to bring a different car if both my sons want to go . they usually both do. thanks for info on am of tampa

Old 01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
St Pete GP is April 4-6, 2008. AM of Tampa is trying to see what is going on and probably set something up (?). Current AM race plans are a DB9 for Sebring & St Pete GP then switch to Vantage - I know, different classes but it is a plan so they can race. Current Vantage may/may not be ready for first 2 ALMS races - and this team raced DB9 last year in Europe. I believe this is a different team than the factory euro "Gulf" team for 2008. My contact at AM Tampa is Tom Heinz. His email is theinz@astonmartinoftampa.com feel free to email he is a great guy and loves his work and these cars. Also check the factory web site for team news - so far no schedules posted.