Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

In the market for a C7 S6. What should I know before hand?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 09:49 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
In the market for a C7 S6. What should I know before hand?

Hey everyone!

Been a member for a while now, mainly active over in the Aston forum as my weekend toy is an Aston Vantage. I've been wanting to upgrade my daily driver for a while now and I've always loved the C7 S6. Had a chance to drive a few of them the other day and all I can say is that I fell in love! What an amazing machine. Comfortable, smooth, and quiet when you want it to be, but man oh man... it's faster than my Aston! Especially with that twin clutch.

So, I've officially begun the search for an S6. I'm not huge on taking the depreciation on an $85k car, so I think I'll stick with used. I was hoping to start here and ask for any tips.

What changed between 2013, 2014, and 2015? I know in 2014 they started wrapping the door arm rests in leather. What else was there?

In the Aston, the premium sound is *much* better than the factory sound. Is the Bose system in the Prestige model enough to keep most music lovers satisfied, or is the B&O a must? Are there any specific issues, bugs, quirks, or drawbacks to these cars to keep an eye out for? Is the Drive Select worth it over just the lane assist? Any specific engine or transmission issues to keep an eye out for? I'm looking at cars mainly with < 20k miles. If I don't plan on modifying and hence flagging TD1, would you suggest a CPO car? Would a CPO car be a must to you for a C7 S6? In your experience, how reliable are they in general, and how has yours held up?

Thanks in advance for any advice or things to look out for. I look forward to joining the club.

Last edited by midwestamv8; 08-28-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:10 AM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
I wish I knew more about them to help you; I stopped working for Audi right when they debuted. I have briefly spoken to an owner about his 2015 and he really enjoyed it; he had upgraded from a B8 S4.

I can say that the Bose in the car is quite good and that the B&O is absolutely sublime; if you can find one with B&O for not much more than a Bose-equipped car, it's worth it. I wouldn't pay six grand for it in a new car, however. I did have a chance to sample both in the standard A6.

Drive select is nice because it allows you to sharpen up throttle and steering response, as well as the sport differential if the car is equipped with the sport package. The sport diff is a must-have in the S4 (because its usually the owner's only car, and if they track it or drive hard, it makes a big difference), but might not be as important in the S6 depending on how and where you drive it.

I would say CPO is the way to go; My RS6 is well out of warranty and as much as I love the car, I don't love paying for unscheduled repairs out of pocket, and there have been a couple in the past two years.

Last edited by CoreyC2S; 09-01-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:30 PM
ringtaxi is on a distinguished road
Audi Kirkwood

Nor sure if this is too far but Kevin Fenner (best person/best saleman) can be reached at 678-267-0651. Highly recommend him. You can tell him Essen sent you his contact. He is their new GM. B&O will be great if you get it used. APR has decent upgrades for it. Twin clutch is excellent. Use good oil and it will last you forever. Get the extended if it is not from Audi dealer. Also the extended maint. and wheel and tire can be well worth the investment. Good luck. One of the best values in the market.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:53 AM
vinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by midwestamv8
Hey everyone!

Been a member for a while now, mainly active over in the Aston forum as my weekend toy is an Aston Vantage. I've been wanting to upgrade my daily driver for a while now and I've always loved the C7 S6. Had a chance to drive a few of them the other day and all I can say is that I fell in love! What an amazing machine. Comfortable, smooth, and quiet when you want it to be, but man oh man... it's faster than my Aston! Especially with that twin clutch.

So, I've officially begun the search for an S6. I'm not huge on taking the depreciation on an $85k car, so I think I'll stick with used. I was hoping to start here and ask for any tips.

What changed between 2013, 2014, and 2015? I know in 2014 they started wrapping the door arm rests in leather. What else was there?

In the Aston, the premium sound is *much* better than the factory sound. Is the Bose system in the Prestige model enough to keep most music lovers satisfied, or is the B&O a must? Are there any specific issues, bugs, quirks, or drawbacks to these cars to keep an eye out for? Is the Drive Select worth it over just the lane assist? Any specific engine or transmission issues to keep an eye out for? I'm looking at cars mainly with < 20k miles. If I don't plan on modifying and hence flagging TD1, would you suggest a CPO car? Would a CPO car be a must to you for a C7 S6? In your experience, how reliable are they in general, and how has yours held up?

Thanks in advance for any advice or things to look out for. I look forward to joining the club.

This is actually pretty funny because I am currently the process of trading in a 2014 S6 for a 2013 Aston Martin. The car is mint and has roughly 26k miles on it. It is fully loaded with the B&O upgrade and AWE exhaust. Let me know if your interested and I can put you in touch with the sales rep.

The car overall is extremely reliable and a lot of fun to drive. It really has the best overall package in terms of reliability, comfort, performance, and practicality.

-Vin