Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I will be ordering an 09 vantage in morning frost white very soon...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Let's see - current price about 135,000 w/ a V8. So let's say there is a 35,000 engine in there. So AM wants another 130,000 for four more cyls. - wow !!! Yeah 600HP but that is a bit expensive. You can buy a used 996 tt all day for 75,000 (or less) and spend 25,000 modding the engine for an easy 600 HP (or more). I know not a Vantage but a lot less bucks for the HP .... and yes I want a 12 cyl Vantage .... just don't want to pay that much ... oh to be James Bond ...

Old 01-14-2008, 06:11 PM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Local dealer quoted a friend of mine around 265,000 same price as the DBS.

rather go with a BULL for that price...

Old 01-14-2008, 11:44 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GTGuy
rather go with a BULL for that price...
I'd get a Gallardo Se and have change to spare for a new SUV as a DD.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:31 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
No big issues w/ my 2007 Vantage - their quality has been just fine in the modern cars. I went from a modded '03 996tt to my '07 Vantage - other than HP I do not miss a thing from the P car. Good luck - you are probably correct on the HP increase in 09. Biggest problem I see is you having to wait !!!
Although not exactly on-topic (and I'm asking because I have an 04'C4S and have been checking out the AM/V8 sportshift)........and granted the C4S has nowhere near the power your TT did, the question is.

If I climb into a AM/V8....... how is the handling experience going to be? (meaning I've been in a few other cars, and the road-feel just goes away...etc). Thats one of the best things I like about the C4S is the "communication" you have with the road......and in my case I've got PSE, so sound is a biggie for me also..........

Any comparison/comments would be greatly welcome..

Old 01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
KaamaCat - My '03 996tt went from stock suspension to PSS9 w/ H&R adjustable sway bars (and TechArt wheels which were a bit wider and had built-in spacers). After mods the car handled much better on the track (Sebring) and back roads than stock. So that is my point of reference - very tight, not overly rough but good feel at high speeds and tight twisties (Sebring hairpin). You say you have a C4S which I believe is the same as stock tt - and you like it's handling and feel. Soooo - I bought the AM V8 because I was invited by AM for a test day at Sebring - and at stock it did just as well as my modded tt suspension - not the power but the handling - just great, and stock! As for the AM V8 power - yes it could have more - and needs it - does not feel like 380, not bad, but stock car could easily handle 500 HP. You need to drive one - AM dealer north of Atlanta I believe. As for the exhaust sound - and I had the TechArt exhaust on my tt and another very custom one on my GT3 - AM is in a class unto itself - and I quickly had my valves perm opened at dealer - just fantastic. Stock opens up at 4500 RPM - and she sings !!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:55 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Great reply, and thanks. (Actually the wife and I were at AM in Alpharetta yesterday, they are part of FerrariOfAtlanta..etc). The AM/V8 is dead sexy looking, and with the sportshift I could let the wife drive at times. (she's not much on the manual clutch deal, but would love to drive).

And yes......the C4S is the same body as the TT. (In fact they have a VantageV8 with the sportshift in exactly the color your pic has.....interior has the white baseball stitching and looks great!)

I REALLY appreciate the candid feedback......! (small world, I used to live in Oldsmar during the 80's, and wifes parents are still over in Tampa)

Old 01-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Vantage is a looker .... I just was not that impressed w/ difference from 996 to 997 ... I actually like the interior layout of 996 better than 997 .... and everyone has a P-car, I just wanted something different this time ... and I want to be James Bond when I grow up !!!

AND ... can Porsche possibly put any more plastic in thier interior ? Aluminium must translate in German to "silver painted plastic bits".

Old 01-18-2008, 09:19 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Michael whenever you are in the interior of an Aston you just don't want to leave, I drove a Ultimate edition Vanquish S and it was brilliant the interior is very welcoming and the fit and finish is terrific; If that was my car I would of taken a very long long route, a highway with a great cd full of smooth jazz tracks.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Mohammed - you are so right, an AM, a few tracks and the open road ... nothing like it !!! Is that Jag still treating you well ?

Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Mohammed - you are so right, an AM, a few tracks and the open road ... nothing like it !!! Is that Jag still treating you well ?

Yes its a great car, in fact that I don't use it every day my parents are taking advantage of it.

By the way have you seen the new Sahara tan leather interior, its a very rich colour in person and its very elegant on a Meteorite Silver V8 Vantage.