Name:  DSC00028.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  190.8 KB

Name:  cherry4.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  285.7 KB

Old 04-24-2008, 10:10 AM
neilwight is on a distinguished road
if you want a pure performance sports car then the gallardo is the easy choice from your two options, if you want a GT (grand tourer) type sports car then the aston martin though i dotn quite follow the process that got you to these two cars. did you narrow down a sports car list and a GT list, unsure of which camp you wanted to be in and now are trying to make the final decision. GT or sports car?

they really are different beasts entirely being designed for totally different purposes and while both are beautiful in their own right theres not a direct comparison between them in real terms. Astons direct market competition comes from the likes of Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar whereas Lamborghini is competing with Ferrari and Porsche. This is not a slight against either but just shows where the products are placed in terms of design. AM is making super fast luxury cars and lamborghini is making super fast sports cars. Both are great but which you buy depends on what you want.

if you only will have one car, want to use it daily or want to go on weekends away with roaring drives there and back and more than enough performace for whatever situation arrives on the way then its only the aston martin. if you have another car and want a supercar thats pure sports performance then the gallardo would be your choice. like all cars at this level, theres more performance in any than you can shake a stick at however what just looking at dry figures wont tell you is what the driving experience is like. the AM will feel big and comfortable from inside while the gallardo will feel tighter and edgy. this is to only be expected given their design purposes but many over look such things when choosing cars even though its the feeling and interaction that makes the experience of driving much more than performance figures and times.

the aston is also understated elegance, the gallardo is like driving round in a theatre performance. how much you feel personally about which you prefer only you can decide. i love the gallardo but that fanfare was too much for me much as it is with most ferraris too. ive a GT3 on the way simply because i prefer the understatement. theres as many avoid GT3s for the exact same reason i like them so its each to their own. at this level theres no bad choice, just a personal one.

servicing will be high on the gallardo but my experience of the previous vantage is that to expect problem free motoring from aston is only to be unprepared also.

rezf,
i personally think white is the most beautiful colour on a vantage, i cant understand why more dont choose it. i can only assume its because they hadnt seen it when they bought. its not a colour most cars can carry easily but the vantage in it is a different looking machine. much tougher and sporty looking and i love the contrast with the black louvres. ive never seen one i didnt stop and enjoy just for a moment and yours didnt change that. great pics

Last edited by neilwight; 04-24-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:03 AM
robbie is on a distinguished road
rezf,

That is one magnificent looking ride. The white is absolutely stunning.

The AMV8 would be my choice.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:22 PM
rezf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by robbie
rezf,

That is one magnificent looking ride. The white is absolutely stunning.

The AMV8 would be my choice.
Neil and Robbie,
Thanks very much for the compliment. I must say, I have never seen a Vantage look bad in any color...it even looks nice in yellow.

Neil,
You are right in that white is not typical in a dealer's inventory, largely because white was not offered by Aston until MY08. I specced my MY08 back in April 07 with only the Geneva Motor Show pics of white to go by.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rezf
Neil and Robbie,
Thanks very much for the compliment. I must say, I have never seen a Vantage look bad in any color...it even looks nice in yellow.

Neil,
You are right in that white is not typical in a dealer's inventory, largely because white was not offered by Aston until MY08. I specced my MY08 back in April 07 with only the Geneva Motor Show pics of white to go by.

Stunning car... I looked for white originally when Iwas looking in 07 and there were none to be had... I am happy with my Tungsten Silver but I wonder just how good a white AM with all balck trim would look

Old 04-24-2008, 01:21 PM
ddoninja is on a distinguished road
two different rides. Gallardo is the head turning, attraction getting, ball to the wall sports car that really doesn't afford much luggae space for the longterm travel, plus you worry bout parking.

The AM is the understated, touring car that just lets people know you are the man, but doesn't scream "LOOK AT ME", plus it allows a weekend bag for TWO people and you can probably parallel park that thing in the busiest city.

So depends which fits your life style more and what the use of the car will be.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:45 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BMoney5327
Of course....Orange or Yellow!....hehe
or green.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:16 PM
3BE
3BE is on a distinguished road
I love the gallardo because its more rare then a vantage, but a knew vantage might be more reliable.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:39 PM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
Gallardo is going to be a more fun car to own.

I have Morning Frost white and it is certainly the best color on a Vantage. Mine is an 07- it was a custom color order that someone else had canceled.

I believe even now, it's a $3k option to get Morning Frost white.

Ulrich Bez's DB9 is morning frost white.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Jchoice,

What's your take on MFW on the DB9. I decided to go with the DB9 instead of the vantage. When I did the spec on my vantage it was MFW over obsidian. With the DB9 I'm thinking of meteorite over sahara. For some reason I have it in my mind that the DB9 looks better in darker colors.

Any thoughts?

Old 04-27-2008, 11:17 PM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
It's hard to say without seeing the colors in person. White, for any luxury car, is the current hot color.

On the other hand, dark colors match the sophisticated image of the DB9 better.

The color they used on the concept Rapide looks wonderful:

[media]http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2006_detroit/aston/rapide/images/05.jpg[/media]

Old 04-28-2008, 02:54 AM
M3 Maniac is on a distinguished road
I'll be 25 at the time of purchase...In October...Yayyy and my insurance goes Lower!! LOL
Thats an even better reason to take the plunge.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
hblocal is on a distinguished road
My styles....hmmm?? lolz

That vantage with black wheels is exactly how I pictured modding my AMV8 if i got it. Are those 20's? Is it lowered? And just painted mirror, and smoked sidemarkers right?

I would like to see more pics of modded AM's like this if there any!

Last edited by hblocal; 05-01-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:54 PM
e92man is on a distinguished road
v8v is a better daily driver. and i probably more reliable

Old 05-31-2008, 08:41 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
I sold my pearl yellow 6 speed gallardo a few months back.. hard car to drive slow.. not good to use everyday...limited space.. and draws a lot of attention.. car is great.. its fun.. looks wild.. but again its hard to drive often .. and if your going to get yellow or orange.. granted best colors for the lambo.. but you wont be any different then all the other lambos out there.. I would go for the Aston.. I might buy one myself, but I would only buy it with the F1 paddle shifters .. I dont care for 6 speeds anymore.. I drive my 996tt tiptronic its a pleasure.. drive hold my cell phone or coffee.. no worrys about shifting...

Last edited by boca996tt; 06-01-2008 at 06:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Vantage or Gallardo??