Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Cost of a new key-remote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
The key and remote work independently from one another on the 06 and 07 cars. That may have changed on newer ones, but in the older models the remote has nothing to do with starting the car, it just unlocks the car and sets the alarm.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:57 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
And I thought Ferrari was expensive.....lol

Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
we know this! but they need to be learnt ..the car??? independently! as well, this is what Im saying....it will not unlock the car until said car has been told accept its code, and in the country as in many right hand drive countries the codes roll... sorry to be **** but i was with ASTON dealer and was in fact watching as the process took place. was glad the internet connected at the time normally we have issues with that down here and I had visions of not getting a 3rd party key and fob to work.

in South Africa Ferrari is reserved for men who have no hair or shave and polish there heads ,,they normally sport knee length pants and have overbearing hairy chests with some sort of gold medal dripping off there belly button easily detected through the big holes in there vests, they find themselves cuddling up to the lambo boys at the strip clubs and wining all the races in the bar.... Aston drivers in general are more at home being less ostentatious, mingling with the Bentley boys at the yacht club I trust these sentiments segment where in my part of the world we see the Italian brands we do however wear there shoes. Doctorwill you have some lovely cars!! you could sell them all and almost have sufficient cash to purchase an Italian Helicopter that certainly raises the bar...... now who have I not annoyed tonight yet?
Lol

Old 01-24-2013, 04:43 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
I bet the profit margin on these keys is unbelievable. I bet upper management @ AM is laughing all the way to the bank. I know my key is just a rebadged volvo key.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
Not only are they laughing at us, they're laughing at the execs from Ferrari and Lamborghini too!

Originally Posted by dan87951
I bet the profit margin on these keys is unbelievable. I bet upper management @ AM is laughing all the way to the bank. I know my key is just a rebadged volvo key.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
Not only are they laughing at us, they're laughing at the execs from Ferrari and Lamborghini too!
That must mean Lambo and Ferrari keys are cheaper?