Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Cost of a new key-remote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Nobita is on a distinguished road
Cost of a new key-remote

I think I lost one of the keyfob/remote control for my 06 AM-V8. Any idea what a dealer would charge for a replacement? Is it possible to buy myself/get it coded?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 06-11-2008, 06:38 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
i just bought a set from the dealer. they only sell them in pairs. parts and labor to program them came out to be just shy of $1,000.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:56 PM
yohanthestud is on a distinguished road
Wowza

Old 06-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Nobita is on a distinguished road
I was afraid of something like that..... =(

Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned
CarChrisM5 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nobita
where did you lose them and where do you store your car?
honestly they may be more than its worth with the dealer unless you are concerned for theft or something. if you plan on buying anything else from them, try to get them to cut you a break on the keys

Or you could hire a private investigator for $500 and have him find your key

Old 06-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Superman07 is on a distinguished road
Being so costly, perhaps it's worth it to see if insurance would cover it? Will partially depend on your deductible I suppose.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nobita
Indeed.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:18 PM
paragongja is on a distinguished road
Yikes!

I better get an alarm for my keys.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I was quoted 16ooo.oo in our currency here in CT I got a key and a remote from aston martin bits in the UK posted to me all in for 3000.oo and am in CT coded it for a few Rand

Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I need another remote as well. There is a dealer that has a pair of Aston Martin OEM Remotes to fit our cars that he will sell me for $ 385 as I recall, and most importantly - they have the digital code on them that is needed to program the remote. And yes, they only sell them in pairs. So, as long as you and I don't mind having the same code to lock our cars (you are in CA, I'm in VA - think its safe) we could split those and it would be like $ 193 each. If you're up for that, ping me in a PM. I decided I didn't need one badly enough to lay out $ 385, but I'd split it with someone.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:29 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ This, assuming of course that programming the car does not link it to a central database at AM that prevents more than one car from sharing the same codes. It may be that each remote has its own unique code in which case it doesn't matter. But if, as you suggest, both remotes share the same code, then it is possible that whoever programs their car first would essentially lock out the other from using that code on his car. Best to resolve this prior to getting your 2-person "group buy" sorted.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
The guy beside me checking out last Friday at Aston Martin of Dallas was purchasing a crystal key for $1800. Ouch

Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Guys the thing works like this, firstly contact Aston Martin Bits in the UK check them out on the web.
The key comes as a blank for 58 pounds, the remote (volvo) comes in packs of two but they do split them. +- 100 Pounds - Then you have the blank key kut to your old (master) key any key place can do it. Then you go to the AM dealer who will code your car to that key to override the ignition security and from there on-wards your car will accept that key, then the remote to open and lock and activate the alarm is coded to your cars system, the key and remote fob comes from Aston Martin bits with codes that the dealer will use to 'unlock' your cars system while he is interrogating the car and augmenting the cars memory this information and validation is being transferred via your VIN number to the AM head office in the UK who in turn reconise the key and FOb as original OEM and them it in turn give a signal to the cars memory that all is ok.
A/Martin Bits in the UK can send you for about 200 Pounds a key and FOb cut and coded IE ready to go if you give them your Vin number it takes 10 days or so plus postage.

I live in Cape Town and was horrified with the dealer quote for replacement key at 16000 Rand (2000 USD) and had it all done and working including there hour labour to code it for under R3000 (375USD). was a bit skeptical at first about Aston martin bits but am happry to report that there service and the key and remote are great and the key is identical to OEM
We are now placing an order for some service components from Am bits as well.... I do find that them not taking calls and only working via email is a bit frustrating, but I checked them out and thet are in fcat part of Elliot Motorcycles in the Uk and have been round a while

Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by karlfranz
^^^^ This, assuming of course that programming the car does not link it to a central database at AM that prevents more than one car from sharing the same codes. It may be that each remote has its own unique code in which case it doesn't matter. But if, as you suggest, both remotes share the same code, then it is possible that whoever programs their car first would essentially lock out the other from using that code on his car. Best to resolve this prior to getting your 2-person "group buy" sorted.
That's very James Bond! I think you're giving AM way too much credit for a simple rebadged Volvo remote out of the Ford parts bin.....

Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 AM
I agree but i saw it first hand , it has nothing to do with the volvo remote it has everything to do with the vehicle security system, I would welcome feedback from an american AM agent If we are wrong? but somehow after being their and seeing it I doubt I am wrong?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cost of a new key-remote