Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dice iPod "Universal" integration kit...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Nobita is on a distinguished road
Dice iPod "Universal" integration kit...

Has anyone tried this? Specifically with the FM-RDS hard wiring? I have a standard FM trasmission adapter installed at the dealership in my 2006 Vantage, which is completely useless and has the worst possible sound ever.

If this hard wired system is better, I would seriously consider using it.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:27 PM
plessdude is on a distinguished road
Their web site does not list the Aston Martin as an option. I called them and they only offer the standard fm modulator not the hard wired version. I am beginning to see that the only way to do this is buy an 08 model.

Last edited by plessdude; 08-07-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Nobita is on a distinguished road
damnit! There was a thread on AMOC about this, and how in the UK they had a dealer retrofit of some part. Do you know anything about it?

Old 08-11-2008, 07:36 AM
plessdude is on a distinguished road
I saw that thread on AMOC but I thought it referred to a rumor of a factory retrofit kit. I seriously doubt its going to happen though. For a car that has sold 4500 units what would be the reason to spend the money on developing a kit? Aside from getting a new car which would be folish (but something I could see myself, the foolish, doing) swapping head units must be cheaper than switching model years. I am going to call the dealer and see if this is even possible.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Paralight is on a distinguished road
There is going to be a factory retrofit kit available towards the end of the summer. So I believe. However the price might be too eye watering for some. £995.00 plus 3 hours installation +VAT. (GBP)

However, I have already got a solution available now. This has been worked on with the factory (very quietly.....) and some of the UK dealers. I have had an enquiry from a customer in Marin County who has offered to assist with the airfare over. Ideally I would like to have 4 or 5 cars to do to make it worth travelling over to California. I also have a customer in Palm Beach, so the same would apply there.

In brief the Ipod unit plugs into the MOST bus and is then controlled via the ICM (radio controls). The Playlist, Artist and Track infor then scrolls across the bottom of the display. USB plug in is also available, with control and display via the ICM again.

Installed price is $800

Regards

Paralight

Old 01-14-2009, 04:16 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
AMOC threads

Here are some threads from AMOC:

iPod Integration for Pre-2008 V8 Vantage
http://www.amoc.org/forum/index.php?topic=12169.0

ipod retro fit & general operating questions (merged)
http://www.amoc.org/forum/index.php?topic=1550.0

I'm been after customer service at Aston Martin & my dealer for the past year on this.
I haven't gotten any firm prices for North America (but I've been also hearing 1000 pound range)

Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Gekko,

Who is your local dealer? They may well be able to help me out. Ideally I would like to describe how it all works via voice.. My Cell number is on the website. Or let me have your number via the website and let me know the time difference..... I would love to come back to Canada for a visit and work on your car personally, but as per my previous posts it has to be financially viable, 4-5 cars within 2 days ideally. Bring Ipod kits with me and use tools at dealership or similar. An awful lot of the centre console/stack comes to pieces so if customer wish to watch they have to have a strong stomach.....

$800USD supplied and fitted.

I am also looking for a wish list from owners as to what they may want to have fitted to their cars (within reason!!). We are currently looking at Reversing camera via the nav screen (automatically lifting when in reverse) or Infra red camera to the front. Front camera or sensors for low obstructions to prevent damage to front bumper. Video Ipod on the screen. Bluetooth upgrade with steering wheel controls. Please let me have any ideas.

I have been dealing with Aston Martin Dealers and Clients in the UK for the last couple of years and without doubt they are the nicest people I have ever met, the only downside is that I do have to test the cars I have worked on.......

Kind Regards

Paralight

Old 01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
My dealer contact info:

Paralight,

I've send you an email & a note from your website regarding contact info for my dealer.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!

Old 01-16-2009, 02:25 PM
In answer to Gekko's question on the Aston Martin Ipod integration, here goes....

Nothing is changed in the car, to briefly explain how it works. The Audio system on both V8 and DB9 and indeed late model Vanquish is linked together via fibre optics. This system called MOST links the ICM (radio display, in dash CD changer and control pad) to the radio tuner pack above the wheel arch in the o/s/r of the car. The Bluetooth module is also connected in 08 and 09 model year. What we have been able to do is to link in a 'gateway' to allow us to connect another source. This is controlled by means of a covert switch, one way allows Ipod, or to answer another question, USB connection (Stick or HDD) or Phono input. The other way allows use of the in dash cd changer. Once the Ipod/Iphone is connected it will charge, the kit is compatible with the latest 3G Iphone. Selection of Playlist, artist or Album is done via the ICM with the relevant information scrolling across the bottom of the display in the same way as the radio text. The cable for the Ipod can, within reason, be placed anywhere in the front of the car. The two places so far have been in the glovebox (just enough room for the manual and a 20G Ipod!!) or in the centre cubby tray (on sportshift cars) so that emails/texts could be read on the Iphone. Should you wish to control the music from the Iphone/Ipod directly, then this can be selected rather than control from the ICM. Should a call come in on the Bluetooth system, then the music will pause and resume once the call has finished. If the steering wheel control operates the cd player then this will be emulated for the Ipod, however it will be limited to track up/down and volume up/down. The steering wheel controls are mainly for use with the Bluetooth integration, however on later cars certain functions on the audio system where also available.

We also do a Bluetooth upgrade which will give a display in the ashtray and retain the steering wheel controls, audio is via the front door speakers in the same way.

If there are anymore questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to help.

Kind Regards

Paralight