Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

vantage for sale

Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
By the way, I saw the new Bond movie last weekend. The first 10-15 minutes of the movie gave me an unexplainable rush... Great scenes shot in a great environment.

Last edited by SonicKrack; 11-18-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Damn nice way to jump in Lev!!
Love your impeccable taste too and your avatar too.
See you on Friday. Maybe you can post a picture journal of the return trip. Should be epic for sure.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:54 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
John,
My avatar truly reflects my whereabouts LOL. That picture was taken from across my home on a beautiful August morning. Besides Chevys, Fords and Dodge Rams, Montana has an abundance of cows, deer, coyotes and bears. The wife hit an 8 pointer buck a month ago with her TRD edition FJ Cruiser. Damage was $5k, the buck got up and continued his glorifying walk into the never ending prairie.
But, Montana has positive aspects as well. For instance my average speed with the M3 is 95 mph. In two years of my Montana residency I have probably seen 2 Highway Patrols and both times they came after me of course. The roads are phenomenal compared to Jersey where I lived for 17 years. The Going to the Sun road is something you see in Italy or Austria's Alps. It's a GORGEOUS state and has the best air quality in the country. What else can I say... oh yeah, the registration of the Aston will be almost $900/year for 3 more years(goes down when the car is 5 years old). They tax the cars based on value because Montana has no sales tax.
All I can say is that thanks to John, I found you guys and it's good to be a part of the family.
ps: my Pentax is coming with me, pictures will be posted. That's a promise.

Last edited by SonicKrack; 11-18-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Going to the Sun hiway out of Red Lodge, correct.
When I was a teen I was a promising downhill ski racer(the beginnings of the need for speed!). We stayed at the lodge at the bottom of the pass and the road switchbacked up to the glaciers. We left the lodge at 5:30 every morning so we could be on the glaciers before 7am. The old bus we went up in took a long time and was pretty scary, but the highlight was coming behind us. Andrel Molterer, a famous Austrian olympic champion and one of the coach's had a real 427 Cobra. Every day he would spot us a bigger lead and then try to overtake us.
The sound of that big block Cobra racing up the mountain was music to a teens ears and the guy was gonzo for sure. He beat us every morning!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
riverflyer - hate to see the car go but sounds like it is going to a good home. Best of luck on your new venture and looking forward to hearing about your next AM ... hopefully in the near term !

Old 11-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Michael, thanks for the good thoughts. I might take your path and check out the 09 down the road but for now am going to sell one more car and see if the real estate deal is still available.
Enjoy your car, John

\

Old 11-19-2008, 12:50 PM
OEM exhaust weight

I will take care of John's Aston like it was my third child . Could anyone tell me how much the OEM V8V exhaust weighs? Trying to calculate shipping. Your help is more than appreciated.

Last edited by SonicKrack; 11-19-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Lev, when I get home tommorrow, I will weigh it and let u know.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:15 AM
x-tian-230k is on a distinguished road
Anyone care to share how much you let it go for?? I am in the market and want to see what the deals are going for now a days...

Old 11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Not sure how much it was as I work for the NSA and they felt that if MI6 offers 007 the Aston... well they should do the same for us. My name is Jack Bauer and I approved this message.

Just a joke If John wants to divulge the sale price, it's fine with me.

Last edited by SonicKrack; 11-20-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Probably better to get a aftermarket exhaust - about half the weight ! Try Hershel at RSC, he might have some in stock and make a holiday deal !

Old 11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks Michael,

The car comes with Quicksilver. However John advised me to ship the OEM exhaust back to montana versus driving with it on the passenger seat all the way from California.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Hey guys, I made it to Montana. I will post some picture as soon as I cleaned the car.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Trip from Frisco to Montana

Hello again,

As promissed, I took many pics of the trip and I will post the ones that trace my way from California to Montana. By the way, John is an absolute gentleman and it was my pleasure meeting him. Also I'd like to thank Neal of Carfinder, who took his time to complete the transaction.

This is where it all started:

Second day, crossing into Nevada. The drive through the state was just awesome, roads are nice, traffic low and the scenery just great:

Crossing into Idaho. I have to admit, I wasn't too impressed with Idaho... seemed like Montana

Finally, Montana. I didn't know what I was missing untill I fell and slid downhill in the snow accumulated, while trying to take this picture.

Stopped and refueled in Butte, MT where I noticed that I drove 400 miles on one tank. Pretty good if you ask me

Made it home arround 9:20 pm after a 15 and a half hour drive from outside Reno. Pic is from this morning: