Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Where can I get a good deal on a 09 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Drove the Vantage and DB9 today!!!!

Wow!! I now know how you guys feel about these cars. My thoughts:

Vantage - Great car. IMHO the roar is similar to the DB9. It is a tighter car. The interior noise, however, is much greater than the DB9. I think this is intentional. Definitely felt more connected to the road. Great acceleration. Tight in the corners (even without the Sport Pack.) The transmission would take some getting used to. (not manual)

DB9 w/Sport Pack - IMHO more linear and more predictable than the sportier Vantage. (No hate mail please!) Even when the rear end was starting to come around, it was extremely controllable and the car felt extremely confident. (Yes, the stability control was on. Steve would not let me turn it off!) Quieter. They must have put all the insulation in this car. Again, I think it was intentional. Fantastic power. Definitely more my taste.

I was amazed that both cars are cut from the same cloth, yet so distinctly different in character. In this Marque, there is no big brother, little brother. Both cars are very different, not "one better than the other", just different. They are equal in the quality of their build....the stitching is just as beautiful in each of them. I'm surprised that they both don't cost the same.

My $.02