Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Clutch life thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ddozier
Cold Air Intake, ussually consists of relocating the filter to a fender or away from engine heat, and smoothing the air path by replacing the inlet tube and baffles with a straight smooth pipe of some sort.

Dave
Gotcha. Thought that's what you were referring to but wasn't sure. RSC is a Master Supplier of Gruppe M intakes. We have a very close relationship with the North American distributor and were asked if we would like to carry Gruppe M products. These are the best intakes in the business so we jumped at the chance. We do offer a product for the Vantage and a special price for 6speeders.

The kit is a bolt-on fit with no modification required and includes all fittings and filters. Very high quality CF finish with K&N filters - includes 2 cold air boxes and carbon intake section extending all the way to the front of the car.

As appears here: https://www.gruppem.co.jp/onlinestor...roducts_id=537

Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Wish they had better pics.

What is the price for 6 speeders?

Old 07-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by markesq
Wish they had better pics.

What is the price for 6 speeders?
Yeah me too!!! 6speed price is $4900.00 which is nearly $1000.00 back from retail once import and shipping is paid from Japan. Supply time is approximately 2 weeks.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Yikes.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Pretty hard to move the filters and plumbing as the front end design is pretty tight. There is a K&N filter available for the Vantage and you can drill the airbox. I have done both and posted in previous thread. Opens up the air intake so ECU mod works (or breaths) better.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:34 PM
That is more in line of what I as thinking. I may search for your thread and try something like that.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 AM
markesq - sent you a PM

Old 07-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Stuart - FYI - there was a group buy offered by Dynamic Motoring for same GruppeM product several months ago. No takers at that price point ... I believe $2K was the final offer from 6speeders but GruppeM said no ...

Old 07-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Stuart - FYI - there was a group buy offered by Dynamic Motoring for same GruppeM product several months ago. No takers at that price point ... I believe $2K was the final offer from 6speeders but GruppeM said no ...
Yeah I've got to admit it's not one of the products we move too often. Seriously nice stuff though.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:05 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
RSC hows that clutch coming along?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by zambono
RSC hows that clutch coming along?
We're 4-5 weeks away at the moment. Need to get a clutch and flywheel to our office in the UK to use for the final phase of the design process but it is proving trickier than anticipated as most of the ones that have been changed have been sent back to Aston Martin (at their request). If anyone is in need of a clutch and interested in the RSC uprated unit the usual offer applies of a greatly discounted part if you can help us out.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
My clutch is still working, but I was inquiring because if it does go I much rather fix the issue not just patch it.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:01 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
Clutch Engagement Point?

Guys,

I just bought a 2009 Vantage with a manual and the clutch engages at the end of the pedal travel. Maybe the last 1 to 2 inches.

Is this normal or is this indicative of a worn clutch?

The previous owner claims easy driving.

Thanks for your comments.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Does not sound right. I have the usual ~1" of play as the pedal goes in but once beyond that the clutch engages.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:33 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AstonAddict
Guys,

I just bought a 2009 Vantage with a manual and the clutch engages at the end of the pedal travel. Maybe the last 1 to 2 inches.

Is this normal or is this indicative of a worn clutch?

The previous owner claims easy driving.

Thanks for your comments.
That doesn't sound right to me either...I'm due to take her out tomorrow, so I'll see and report back.

How many miles does your car have?

Where in Northern Cali are you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutch life thread