Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Stereo Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:00 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Stereo Issue

So I'm driving along the Atlantic Coast and my Radio seems to go out. I thought it was cloud cover messing with the Sirius but after hitting off and on a couple of times; nothing. Has anyone had this happen? Is there a button or sequence I don't Know about. I drove from Philadelphia to New England with the music on the whole time with no trouble. I can't see a dealer call for just this. Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
I've had an individual station seem to go out, but switching to another and back fixed it. I've also had it take a while to do its station updates, for some reason it goes through the process three times every time it happens. Is just Sirius out or is everything out?

One idea might be to use the battery cut-off switch to try to reset it. Just make sure you read the manual as to how to undo the reset and what things have to be re-setup afterwords.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:20 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
It's the whole stereo. When I hit menu, i only get car settings. I hit mode and I get the bar of options but nothing happens when I choose one. May be I will try the cut off. What does that entail? I did speak to a tech who told me that there are a number of control modules that can have a link problem. He also said that it took almost a week to figure out the last time he came across a stereo problem.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
hate to say it but i would say go to the dealer...if you do, let me know when you get there...ill swing by and say hi.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaymoney
It's the whole stereo. When I hit menu, i only get car settings. I hit mode and I get the bar of options but nothing happens when I choose one. May be I will try the cut off. What does that entail? I did speak to a tech who told me that there are a number of control modules that can have a link problem. He also said that it took almost a week to figure out the last time he came across a stereo problem.
Hitting the cutoff is easy, you just press the button. The location of the button and instructions about what things get their power cut (and thus you have to re-configure) is in the manual.