Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rear Sway Bar for Roadster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 12:39 AM
echo220 is on a distinguished road
Rear Sway Bar for Roadster

Just booked an appointment with the dealer on the 9th to have H&R lowering springs, sport package stiffer shocks all around and a street/track alignment done on my V8 Vantage Roadster. Got 9X20 front and 11X20 rear wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup ordered about 8 weeks ago and hopefully they will be in before the suspension upgrade so they could do the proper alignment with the wheel and tire package. Also getting the clear rear lights installed at the same time.

I'm contemplating on installing the larger rear sway bar that comes on the sport package for the coupe only. Does anyone know why this is not installed on the sport package upgrade for the Roadsters ? Is it because of rigidity issue with the roadster body ?

Old 05-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Good question, I do not recall anything written as to why - might want to ask the dealer while you are there.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Echo 220 & Michael 996TT, I read someplace the roadster swaybar is used to upgrade the coupe, the roadster being a fair amount heavier it makes sense. Aston might have concluded a still more robust roadster bar would make its ride too harsh, it might introduce cowl shake? The roadster also uses a stamped aluminum rear belly pan, the coupe is vacuum formed plastic. Aluminum being stiffer it too could be used to upgrade a coupe body/chassis.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:18 PM
echo220 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by flinder
Echo 220 & Michael 996TT, I read someplace the roadster swaybar is used to upgrade the coupe, the roadster being a fair amount heavier it makes sense. Aston might have concluded a still more robust roadster bar would make its ride too harsh, it might introduce cowl shake? The roadster also uses a stamped aluminum rear belly pan, the coupe is vacuum formed plastic. Aluminum being stiffer it too could be used to upgrade a coupe body/chassis.
I didn't know the Raodster stock sway bar is heavier than the stock coupe. If this is the case, then it makes sense that the sway bar upgrade was only offered to the coupe sport package and not the roadster. I was wondering why they went with such a heavy aluminum rear pan on the underside. Bolting this plate down will surely stiffens the chassis up.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
ah yes ... it is coming back to me ... the roadster bar being used on the coupe ...

Old 01-11-2014, 07:02 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Anyone know the exact diameter specs of the roadster sway bar vs. the coupe sway bar?

Anyone put the roadster swaybar on the coupe? If so, was the difference easily noticed and worthwhile?

Old 01-12-2014, 09:53 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Make it stiffer

I bet Mike at Bamford Rose can answer your question.