Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vantage at Pocono

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
V12 Vantage at Pocono

It's truly amazing that I was able to spend the morning with the Vantage V12. I took the ride to the Poconos in little traffic and was able to park in the infield 50 yards from the cars. I have to thank Candice, Sarah and Paul from AM as well as Steve Capra from FC Kerbeck for an amazing day. I got a crash course from Paul their instructor and drove the car for about 20 mins on the track. Unbelievable! I was awestruck at the speed this car was capable of achieving and keeping in to the turns. I was also humbled by how a car of this caliber can be wielded by a talented, experience driver. To sum it up, the V12V is probably the best balanced usable supercar I have driven. Absolute acceleration, amazing handling and poise at low speeds in normal driving. I have placed my deposit and expect my car around Thanksgiving.

Attached Images    
Old 06-29-2010, 08:45 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
wow, very awesome. congrats on the experience, and on the upcoming delivery.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Jaymoney - was this an AM factory/corp. event?
Sounds like what I was invited too back in early 2007. Was at Sebring, AM rented the track for a day and brought 12 new V8 Vantages and instructors. Happens to be my home track so I was able to really drive the car and not worry about learning the line. Was a total blast. I sold my modded 996tt and bought a Vantage 60 days later !!! Geez ... I hope they do not invite me to Sebring to drive a V12 Vantage !
BTW - AM factory rep told me later in 2008 they had 20% of the invited folks that drove in these track events, bought a car.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:38 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Jaymoney - was this an AM factory/corp. event?
Sounds like what I was invited too back in early 2007. Was at Sebring, AM rented the track for a day and brought 12 new V8 Vantages and instructors. Happens to be my home track so I was able to really drive the car and not worry about learning the line. Was a total blast. I sold my modded 996tt and bought a Vantage 60 days later !!! Geez ... I hope they do not invite me to Sebring to drive a V12 Vantage !
BTW - AM factory rep told me later in 2008 they had 20% of the invited folks that drove in these track events, bought a car.
Mike,

I saw the invitation on teamspeed. I would go on that website and look for V12 Vantage debut in the Aston Forum and call. I think they are running a similar event in California at the end of July.