Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Should I pull Fuse 22?

Old 07-06-2010, 03:32 PM
XLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Although you don't necessarily need it, it's easiest to pull the fuse with a fuse puller tool. The tool looks like a plastic tweezers and can be picked up at most automotive stores.
AM doesnt supply one in the fuse panel cover or tool kit?? Odd. My Porsches have all had them and BMWs.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:38 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by donahdi View Post
Perfect, will try that. If the car blew up, I will be on the news - JK

Old 07-07-2010, 12:54 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mdc View Post
Perfect, will try that. If the car blew up, I will be on the news - JK
If the car blew up, you'll be on YouTube faster than the news lol

Old 07-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3 View Post
Great for sound, but you will lose low-end torque. Try it both ways and see which you like more.
Is there proof of this?? I mean it only takes a couple seconds at best to reach 4000rpm at which point the valve opens and if you are not getting on it then loss of "low end torque" means nothing.....

Old 07-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Swoody View Post
Is there proof of this?? I mean it only takes a couple seconds at best to reach 4000rpm at which point the valve opens and if you are not getting on it then loss of "low end torque" means nothing.....
I don't know the answer to your question, but I will say that the time that it takes the engine to reach 4,000 is a bit on the long side so there is not much room for loss of torque. Also, mere seconds count. The difference between a car that goes from 0-60 in 4 seconds and one that goes from 0-60 in 5 seconds is huge.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Try it both ways and you will see. I didn't dyno it, but it's a difference you can feel. When I got my car, it came without fuse 22 in place...I drove it like that for over a year before I tried putting it back in to see the difference. I noticed the increased low-end torque right away so I left it that way.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I would, that way you wouldn't hear you wife yelling SLOW DOWN!

Old 07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
HalfAmazing is on a distinguished road
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 04:20 AM
mightyanxious is on a distinguished road
Go for it...........

Old 07-08-2010, 03:01 PM
cshsia is on a distinguished road
now I'm tempted.... I'll give it a try later today.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:19 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Once you do it, you will then be buying an aftermarket exhaust.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:51 AM
cshsia is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by markesq View Post
Once you do it, you will then be buying an aftermarket exhaust.
lol. I'll try it tomorrow for the weekend. Dropping my sister off at the airport tonight, don't want her to miss her flight because of my clumsy fingers.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM
CST1013 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have a picture of which fuse it is? My friends 2011 Aston Martin DBS Volante doesn't supply a map to which fuse is which. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-12-2011, 05:50 PM
StevenJMenna is on a distinguished road
Does this apply to all DBS years? I have a '10

Old 03-12-2011, 10:37 PM
brabham79 is on a distinguished road
i really love the fact that the note is really subtle until you hammer it. and to find theres a potential performance loss? might keep mine in

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I pull Fuse 22?

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.