Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

my vantage has a fever!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
meteoritesilver is infamous around these parts
my vantage has a fever!!

i need help. my aston vantage does this weird thing where , at idle or any speed, it trembles subtley intermittently. it trembles like one might when one has a fever. it has the "shakes". it is subtle, but i can hear it and feel it cuz i'm intimate with the car. i could be cruising fast or slow, idling or whatever. it doesnt change at all no matter what the engine or wheels are doing.
i should mention that i hit a curb recently and broke my front rim. Herschel from RSC thought it might be a compromised or broken engine mount. any ideas? thanks, matt

Old 08-25-2010, 07:44 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
Man, if you hit hard enough to break your rim, I would think that you definitely could have broken an engine mount or maybe compromised the suspension. Did your front end ride up onto the curb?

Obviously, the easy answer is to take it to a mechanic. Being a physician, I always find it funny when people try to diagnose someone over the internet .

Hopefully, it's not something major.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
I also agree - bent rim means a hard hit - could be something else - appears to be suspension related (mounts included) but a qualified mechanic getting it up on a lift is the way to go. I do not want to cry wolf but if you cracked an A arm or something similar ... that is a disaster/accident waiting to happen. Paying for an hour or so of labor for a check out is money well spent - even if they say your car is ok.