Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Please Help Identify this Screw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 03:39 PM
cshsia is on a distinguished road
Question Please Help Identify this Screw

Hi Guys,

Last week I brought my car over to my friend's place, where it went on his lift and we swapped on a RSC exhaust (got one used), and did the oil and filter and coolant. Interestingly, while removing the front under car trey, this peculiar screw fell onto the ground.

It came from the driver side. Since it's got the gold colored tip, we suspect it's used to secure some plastic or insulating foam? Anyone has any ideas?

It's about 2 inches long. Torx.

I could have also been road debris. People who've been peeking under the hood, please chime in, thanks

Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 PM
jrkr is on a distinguished road
I think it's one of the headlamp bolts. There are three of them on each headlamp unit (one at the front, two at the back). If you're fortunate you might be able to remove the bulb access panel on the fender liner & see the two rear bolts, hopefully it's one of those. The front bolts are a little more tricky to see. You might want to Loctite the gold section back into the headlamp to stop it coming out again...

Old 12-28-2010, 12:47 AM
UKRacer will become famous soon enough
It looks like an underbody trim fixing screw that has taken the insert out with it.
It has probably come from one of the wheel arch plastic splash guards. It will probably screw right back in but if want it to be absolutely correct - unscrew the insert from the torx screw and Locktite it into the car.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:17 AM
cshsia is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the help guys. Waiting for the snow in the neighborhood to melt then it's off to his shop for a quick fix.