Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

4.3 Aston Power Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Eyesoftheworld is on a distinguished road
4.3 Aston Power Upgrade

Has anyone done the AM 4.3 dealer power upgrade? What are your impressions of before and after?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:37 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
It feels like an improvement.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
RSC upgrade is less expensive than factory Power kit ... both increase power at top end - IMHO where you really feel it. Combine w/ filters, cats and exhaust and RSC upgrade is faster than stock 4.7

Old 03-22-2011, 12:03 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I would suggest that you first replace the cats and exhaust with more efficient and lighter ones. I just replaced my cats (with Larini) and the exhaust (with Milltek) and have found that I'm really satisfied with the increase in performance. The throttle response, mid range and upper range acceleration is much more immediate and I no longer feel the car is being held back... like a full exhale rather than blowing through a straw. I'm going to upgrade my air filters with the ones from RSC and I think that will be enough. Note: The weight savings alone (50 lbs?) on the exhaust would have been worth it. My car now sounds more european V8 less NASCAR. The new exhaust sounds similar to my "old" Audi R8.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Rumster is on a distinguished road
I agree with Mike's post above. Just recently completed the full RSC performance upgrade and I really like the difference. I may have mentioned this before, but above 4,000 RPMs the car just wakes up something fierce.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Eyesoftheworld
Has anyone done the AM 4.3 dealer power upgrade? What are your impressions of before and after?
Happy to discuss the RSC Power Upgrade with you. As previous posters have suggested, we can get you a lot more power for a reasonable price.

Send me an email Stuart@RSCTuning.com

Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
The best thing about RSC products is that they work as advertised!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Get the AM power upgrade and RSC cats and exhaust. I think that's the best combo.
( I have the AMpower upgrade but with a Tubi and I'm am afraid that if I buy RSC cats my exhaust will be to loud )

Old 03-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Eyesoftheworld is on a distinguished road
thanks all

Thank you all, it looks the AM upgrade is the way I'm going. Combined with the LARINI exhaust already it should be fun for a while. Then definitely sport cats with a quieter exhaust in the future. Just a note: I don't think there is a better car out there for under 100k!

Old 03-30-2011, 10:11 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
can someone link where to get a good set of filters from?

Old 03-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
Am Upgrade

Hi: I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have owned an 07 Vantage Coupe with quicksilver, 08 V roadster and my current 09 V roadster. Having had the 07 and then the 08 with the Am upgrade and Quicksilver I thought I would comment. The upgrade does add more power, gives a better sound, and I think it is worth it if you are going to keep the car for awhile. If you plan on trading the car anytime soon I would pass as you won't get the money back out of it. If you keep it a few years then more power is always good. Also it does not affect your wrrty. if you still have any. I can also say that while the upgrade is worthwhile it still will not pull as hard as the 4.7 due to the torque advantage on the 4.7. I have moved my Quicksilver from car to car and like it quite well. In fact the 09 stock exhaust was too raspy and high pitched and the car had a lower V8 musclecar sound to it when I installed the Q. I have not tried cats as the two cars I have heard with them were just too loud to add to a roadster. I just ordered the RSC filters and plan on the TCU from them as well. Has anyone installed the TCU on an 09? Like-dislike? Anyway, hello all and talk to you soon. Ken

Old 03-30-2011, 01:58 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
I have power upgrade K&N filters and Tubi exhaust, I think is a good combo, but like others say do it only if you are going to keep the car a few years.

As far as comparison between 4.7 and 4.3 with power pack BKA can tell you the difference lol ( we race last weekend )

Old 03-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
That would be the first time a member here has raced a 4.3 with power kit vs. the 4.7...so you beat him?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:17 PM
I did but his was a convertible with paddles.