Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

RSC Green Filters Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 PM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
vince_1972 and alevine...

That's good to hear after all the earlier comments, I'm about to put mine in....

Last edited by nacelle; 04-13-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Viper1
Stuart: I left you several messages and you have not returned any of my calls. Moving or not, if you have time to post here you should have time to call me. You told me the filters would be a little loose but you didn't mention that they wouldn't stay in place when you try to install them. The original filters have an angled opening that snugs up to the hole in the airbox and holds them in place. The greens do not. So the filter wants to drop out as you try to reinstall the bottom of the airbox. The diameter of the hole in the filter is also larger then the original and wobbles from side to side. This is not a good fit no matter how you look at it. Please call me so I can return the filters. Ken
Hi Ken. I'm sorry, I never recieved any messages from you. If I had I would have called straight away. I'm sure there are some other forum members who would vouch for that. What number did you try to reach me on?

I'm happy to speak to you any time, please PM me with your number and I will call you straight away.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:42 AM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
Stuart is a great stand up guy, has always been responsive and a pleasure to deal with.....!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:56 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
FYI - Hope this helps - I am probably the only person that has had stock AM filters, then AM Power Kit air boxes installed (AM used their standard filters), removed AM stock boxes and drilled these boxes like swiss cheese, and installed K&N filters (Stuart is correct they were not specifically designed for AM) and then later installed the RSC Green filters. I now have a few spare pieces in my garage! Long story short is I have settled on the Swiss Cheese drilled air boxes w/ RSC Green filters as the best combo - all working great for over a year.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
Filters

Stuart: I called you and left messages on both of your numbers listed on your posts. You have my number from when I ordered the filters and you still have not called me. I will send you a PM and see if that gets a response from you. This is getting very old.
I wish the filters did fit so I wouldn't have to pay for new AM filters but the simple fact is they don't. The hole is too large to stay on the opening while you install the bottom of the box and they won't hold themselves in place. If you guys that have used them are telling me you just line them up and use the bottom of the box to hold them in place, I just can't buy that. I am not risking my engine on something that doesn't fit right from the start. I am new to this forum but, I am not new to aftermarket filters and other mods. I have K & Ns in my Ford GT, Greens in my Viper, AFE drys in my SLK 55 to name a few. They all fit. I wouldn't use them if they didn't. If you guys are happy with them then thats fine but I will wait for something that fits better.

Has anyone here tried the TCU from Stuart? Thanks, Ken

Old 04-16-2011, 01:09 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
I have RSC filters and swiss cheese airbox and it works well, no problems here. I have RSC cats as well and Stuart has been extremely helpful.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
Filters

I talked to Stuart over the weekend and he will take care of the filters. I didn't think he would do otherwise, we just had a hard time talking because of his move. He also said he would look into updating the fit of the filters when the green people make the next batch. Heres hoping they get it exact so I don't have to keep buying overpriced AM filters.
I plan on trying the TCU next and will post on the results. From what I have heard it is the best upgrade you can make to a sportshift car. Ken

Old 04-18-2011, 08:43 PM
astondude is on a distinguished road
i used the RSC air filters on my 08 Vantage. Fits wells and works great, eliminating any throttle lag like in the past. I like them.