Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

RSC Green Filters Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
RSC Green Filters Question

Has anyone installed a set of the RSC Green filters on an 09 Vantage? I bought a pair and tried to install them today but stopped because of the fit. The diameter of the hole must be 1/8 inch larger than the fitting on the air box. If you hold the filter up to the hole it will just fall off and it has plenty of wiggle room around the hole. I can't imagine this is a good thing. I don't see how you reinstall the bottom of the filter box when the filter won't stay in place. Any thoughts? Ken

Old 04-12-2011, 08:41 PM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Bump. As I would like an answer for this as well. I just purchased a set and a dealer is going to install them (during my annual service) in my 2010.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
None of the aftermarket solutions have ever fit well apparently...

I REALLY want AFE to develop a set of Pro Dry filters for our cars. I installed a set on my ML63 and the car absolutely loved them. They are 100% oil free (mass air sensor safe) and never need to be replaced. To wash them all you have to do is vacuum them clean (dry method) or wash them with soap and water (wet method). They never go bad and last the life of the car.

I have contacted them to recommend they do it. Hopefully if many more vantage owners contact them as well we can show there is enough demand for an oil free set of filters for the V8V they will actually produce them.

If everyone can please contact them (email address & phone below) and write a formal request to have a set developed for the V8 vantages that may be enough to get their attention. Lets try and get 10 members to send emails to them (I will try to call tomorrow). Team Effort!

Email Address:
sales@afepower.com (for some reason technical difficulties ... call if you can )
Phone Number: 951.493.7100

________
Vaporizer Reviews

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:34 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light

If everyone can please contact them (email address & phone below) and write a formal request to have a set developed for the V8 vantages that may be enough to get their attention. Lets try and get 10 members to send emails to them (I will try to call tomorrow). Team Effort!
I sent them an email and suggested maybe we could put together a group buy to encourage them to undertake this development. Count me IN!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
my email didn't work for some reason so I will call. We seriously need to get a group buy of 5-10 owners, that will definitely catch their attention. The Pro-dry filters for my ML63 only cost me like $120 for the pair (which is very reasonable). As far as I know AFE is the only company that does the Pro-dry technique, which I prefer greatly over the conventional oil-based filters). Power gains are almost identical, but without any of the negative drawbacks. Also the filtration rate of the pro-dry is superior to the oiled filters as well. It really is the best of both worlds.
________
SweetKelly4u live

Old 04-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
None of the aftermarket solutions have ever fit well apparently...
Apparently? I don't recall sending a set of our filters to you.... I'm sure you're a great guy but you're very quick to criticise products and to suggest something which is 10x better if only some other company you think is the bees knees will develop it...

The fact is, RSC developed these filters because our customers were crying out for them. The tooling cost to set this up means that our break even point will be around the 200th set. We developed these because owners wanted them.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Stuart that is in no way a knock to anyone... but all the independent reviews have said that K&N and others do not fit well. The very first poster of this thread also mentioned they were not a good fit so I don't think its fair to attack me. Just stating what many other members have stated, nothing more.

all the best,
________
LIVE SEX

Old 04-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Viper1
Has anyone installed a set of the RSC Green filters on an 09 Vantage? I bought a pair and tried to install them today but stopped because of the fit. The diameter of the hole must be 1/8 inch larger than the fitting on the air box. If you hold the filter up to the hole it will just fall off and it has plenty of wiggle room around the hole. I can't imagine this is a good thing. I don't see how you reinstall the bottom of the filter box when the filter won't stay in place. Any thoughts? Ken
Hi Ken,

Sorry I missed your post, have been in the middle of moving house and not paying as much attention as I usually do. When we developed these filters we removed the entire induction system and used it for prototyping.

I have posted this info in the past, but these filters are designed to be a partial compression fit. When you tighten up the airbox, the filter is compressed onto the intake and it seals. If the tolerance was smaller, the filter would be overcompressed and the ribs would split.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Stuart that is in no way a knock to anyone... but all the independent reviews have said that K&N and others do not fit well. The very first poster of this thread also mentioned they were not a good fit so I don't think its fair to attack me. Just stating what many other members have stated, nothing more.

all the best,
The K&N Filters don't fit very well, but that's because K&N never made an AM filter - it was a 'close enough' match which was actually from another application.

Regarding the fitment on the RSC filters, I have posted on this a number of times, addressed again in this thread. I'm not trying to attack you, but I do take exception to how quickly our products get jumped on...

Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by smokey
So what about the fitment issue that Viper 1 is having with his 09? Stuart? Any advice?
(See post at top of thread)
Hi smokey, addressed above in a seperate post for clarity. Again, sorry guys I didn't pick up this post sooner have been moving house and had a lot going on personally so I'm a little bit less attentive than usual.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
smokey is on a distinguished road
Thanks Stuart. I deleted my post as you were probably posting at the same time and my post got bumped to the bottom of this thread.
Ps. planning to by a clutch disc from you in the near future as mine is starting to wear, only really noticeable in reverse, which I hear is a problem/weak point of these cars.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
Filters

Stuart: I left you several messages and you have not returned any of my calls. Moving or not, if you have time to post here you should have time to call me. You told me the filters would be a little loose but you didn't mention that they wouldn't stay in place when you try to install them. The original filters have an angled opening that snugs up to the hole in the airbox and holds them in place. The greens do not. So the filter wants to drop out as you try to reinstall the bottom of the airbox. The diameter of the hole in the filter is also larger then the original and wobbles from side to side. This is not a good fit no matter how you look at it. Please call me so I can return the filters. Ken

Old 04-13-2011, 10:47 AM
smokey is on a distinguished road
Wow, really?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:11 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
the filters are pressed on the box and all is ok

Old 04-13-2011, 03:56 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
My RSC filters have been installed for 9 months with no issues. They fit and work well as advertised. I'm a happy customer, and unaffiliated with RSC.

Adam

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RSC Green Filters Question