Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Aston Martin

thoughts on reliability on these, say from 2004 and up, anyone have one that they drive for a DD and actually put some miles on it

thanks

Old 04-11-2011, 12:00 AM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
good reliability but the maintenence visits are about a 1k each 6 months

Old 04-11-2011, 05:41 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
every 6 months, why is that, whats it for.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
dont really know abouth the reliability, but they sure are purdy cars!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
crackberry005 will become famous soon enough
here is a thread where people say that astons are very reliable. some say that they are as reliable as pcars

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...00k-miles.html

Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Christian
every 6 months, why is that, whats it for.
Christian,

i think what DrPeter might be referring to is the annual maintenance plus an oil change in between. that would run you about $2K each year based on dealer rates (i.e., $1500 on average for each annual maintenance plus $500 for an oil change in between).
Most dealers will tell you that there is no need to do an oil change in between, unless you are going to drive more than 10K miles in a year. But, I just can't see myself leaving the same oil in there for an entire year.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
I'll update on the cost of the annual service tomorrow as my car is in for it now!

Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Swoody
I'll update on the cost of the annual service tomorrow as my car is in for it now!
Just did the 20K/2 year service on mine last week and the cost out-the-door was about $1800 at Los Gatos AM.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:14 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
What I dont understand about the yearly services is that, its 90% of just checks on stuff, and only 1 or two fluids being changed. I hate the fact that we have to pay $1500 for checkups and oil.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:25 AM
PeterW is on a distinguished road
Per AM of Orlando, the yearly service is about $1200

Old 04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by PeterW
Per AM of Orlando, the yearly service is about $1200
I believe it depends on what yearly sevice you are doing.
The first service at 10K/1year is pretty much a glorified oil change that runs about $900.
The second service at 20K/2year is the same glorified oil change plus a flushing of the brake fluid and replacement of some air filters that ran me about $1800.
I believe the 30K/3year service drops down to $1400 but I'm not sure exactly what the dealer does.
All of these prices are what Los Gatos AM has quoted/charged me. But keep in mind that dealer prices can vary drastically. The previous owner of my car paid $1500 for the 10K/1year service at another AM dealer in the SF Bay Area (I have a copy of the invoice). The folks over at Los Gatos AM were even surprised at that kind of mark-up.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:03 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
I need the 10k or 1 year service. My cars only been driven 10k in 3 years, so yearly services is all i've needed, and this year the 10k I suppose.

I called yesterday to get a quote but never got a call back. Will be calling again and post when I get my quote.

CJ

Old 04-14-2011, 08:26 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DrPeter
good reliability but the maintenence visits are about a 1k each 6 months
No. The service is every year or 10,000 miles at prices stated above.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by CJPatel
I need the 10k or 1 year service. My cars only been driven 10k in 3 years, so yearly services is all i've needed, and this year the 10k I suppose.

I called yesterday to get a quote but never got a call back. Will be calling again and post when I get my quote.

CJ
CJ -

I would just take a look at the owner's manual. You will see that the service record section contains a record log for years 1 through 8. The 1 year service is also referred to as the 10K service; the 2 year service as the 20K service, etc.

Since your car is a 2008, you are probably due for the 4 year / 40K service sometime this year.

I would just ask your AM dealer to look up your "in-service" date to determine when all your annual services are due. But you definitely don't want to keep doing the 1 year / 10K service over and over as you definitely need to get some of the other fluids changed as well.

I believe the 4 year / 40K service calls for changing the transmission fluid, which you definitely want to make sure you do. You may also want to consider switching to Royal Purple at that time (there seem to be quite a few good reviews on this stuff).

eric

Old 04-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Any good shop can perform these typical yearly services - for a lot less money. Even the clutch is not difficult to RR. Do you take your TT's to the dealer? I have had great service from my dealer and in'd\p shop. Have a 2007 Vantage since new and reliability is the same as any of the P-cars I have owned.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin