Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Updated Navigation Disc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM
orangegrower is on a distinguished road
You can use this web site to order disks.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...VolvoNACatalog

Old 04-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Dr P is on a distinguished road
Does any have the West coast DVD for 2010 or newer that they would like to sell for my V8 Vantage?

Old 05-05-2012, 10:13 AM
lhanddds will become famous soon enough
Got the new GPS discs yesterday, very quick download in my 07 Vantage. I haven't really noticed any improvement in functionality yet. I guess I'm just glad that I have updated maps.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:22 AM
flittlejr is on a distinguished road
Updated Navigation Disc

There is a 2013 Volvo update for 06 XC90 3 disc. Will this work in 06 Vantage? No sense buying earlier editions @ 199.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:15 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I have a 13 that needs an update but have decided not to do it. I won't use the nav system anymore. Not that it's bad, I just like what I can get on my phone better. It tells me where the police are hiding

Old 11-05-2015, 02:48 PM
sanengo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by deckman
I have a 13 that needs an update but have decided not to do it. I won't use the nav system anymore. Not that it's bad, I just like what I can get on my phone better. It tells me where the police are hiding
How do you know which version you have? I can access my map version but cant figure out which year it is.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I just ordered these CD's for my 2007 Vantage as well. This will be my second attempt I did buy a set of these NAV disks from my dealer that also sells Volvo but they did not work so hopefully these will update my NAV system. One Question I'd like to know, what is your splash screen when you first turn the system on it's not an Aston Martin anymore correct.
Ron

Old 11-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Ok, I just did the update with the cleaning disc and the western US disc. It took about 10 minuets. I still have the Aston Martin splash screen. I will have to see when I drive the car on Wednesday how much better it looks and works. In the garage it looks the same.
Ron

Old 11-11-2015, 05:40 PM
little nellie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vargas
I just ordered the new 2014 Volvo 3-disk set from NavTech and it updated my 2007 AM Vantage's navigation. Works perfect.

Just wondering if the screens on the update disc are much different than the 2007? I have a DB9.

thanks for your time.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:10 PM
As I posted earlier, I just installed the update CD on my 2007 Vantage. I had a chance to try using the navigation system by programming a destination. The graphics do appear much better, the response time to rerouting is very quick and the system seems to work better.
Ron

Old 11-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Hey Ron, which discs did you buy and where did you buy them?

This? http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...gationMenu=YES

Old 11-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
Hey Ron, which discs did you buy and where did you buy them?

This? http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...gationMenu=YES
This is the info I used from the O P. "2006 Volvo XC-90" as the make/model from NavTech's website.
2014 Volvo 3-disk set from NavTech and it updated my 2007 AM Vantage's navigation. Works perfect. I am at work and don't have the CD box with me.
Ron

Old 11-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, I know what I need to get. I still have the old 2006 version in my car. Just for giggles I checked with an online Aston Martin parts seller, the AM-branded DVDs are $811 - insane.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:37 AM
little nellie is on a distinguished road
The 2014 disc came and installation is easy. Eject the old disc and insert the new and wait a little and it is done. The Volvo disc works on a DB9.

If there is any graphic improvement to this version, I must had missed it. To me, it is the same as before. I set the unit to show all gas stations around me, just as the old version, it only shows a few but not all of them on the map. However, I can do a search of all gas station around the car, it will show them on the pick list, just not display on the map. I try to zoom in to see if that increase the number of station shown, it does not.

The POI database is not all accurate, restaurant that was defunct 5 years ago in my area still appears in the database.

I check the map of an off ramp in my area that was changed 4 years ago, the map is updated. All of the AM dealer in my area, the icon retained, including the one no longer a dealer. That part of the data must be kept somewhere and not on the new disc. Non of the Volvo dealer location are display on the map.

About the splash screen, I don't see one. I don't remember seeing any off the original disc either. Can someone post a picture of it and how to display it?

If anyone is about to update his/her, if possible, before the update, can you see what version of the old s/w is. The info is located in the setting screen. I forgot to take a look before the update. Thanks

Last edited by little nellie; 11-17-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:04 PM
My 2007 Vantage with the original nav DVDs doesn't display any splash screen other than the one you have to press enter to get past. I can check the version number in a few days, I can't get to the car until then.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updated Navigation Disc