Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

oil change '06 DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Shooter Martin is on a distinguished road
oil change '06 DB9

Hello, over the winter months I installed a Bend Pac 4 post lift in my garage and want to start doing my own maintenance on my '06 DB9, I first want to change the oil, does anyone have any insight on this or can recommend a detailed walk thru, I know that I would have to remove the lower pan and remove something under the hood as well but a detailed step by step would be great, thank you
Tom

Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shooter Martin
Hello, over the winter months I installed a Bend Pac 4 post lift in my garage and want to start doing my own maintenance on my '06 DB9, I first want to change the oil, does anyone have any insight on this or can recommend a detailed walk thru, I know that I would have to remove the lower pan and remove something under the hood as well but a detailed step by step would be great, thank you
Tom
Changing the oil itself is easy...just remove the bottom sheet metal and the rest is obvious. The filter must be removed from the top side and there is NO room to get a tool on it plus your arm (that's after removing the driver's side throttle body). I spent an hour trying to access the filter with every type of filter removal tool and I gave up.

If you figure out how to get the oil filter off you are a better man than me. It's impossible for all practical purposes. I suspect that half the time dealers tell you they've changed your filter but really don't.

That's my take on it.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:55 PM
TomDB9 is on a distinguished road
Can't help you on the oil change but I have an '06 DB9 in Meteorite Silver over Obsedian Black. Great car & color combo. Enjoy your ride. Cheers, Tom