Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alfa 8C gets a supercharger - why not the V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:05 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Alfa 8C gets a supercharger - why not the V8 Vantage

A company in Europe claims to get 600HP from the 4.7L V8 in the Alfa 8C. This makes you wonder what we can get from the 4.3L and 4.7L V8 Vantage, doesn't it?

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/110509947

Old 05-04-2011, 10:14 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
It would interfere with the V12 Vantage sales ... Aston purposely detuned the hell out of the V8V to ensure it would never interfere with any of the higher/premium models, so it would be very out of character for them to all of a sudden slap on a supercharger. If they ever wanted to put a supercharger on it, they would have just dropped in the XKR motor years ago. I think its safe to say it won't probably ever happen (although it would be an awesome car for sure).

c'est la vie
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
It would interfere with the V12 Vantage sales ... Aston purposely detuned the hell out of the V8V to ensure it would never interfere with any of the higher/premium models, so it would be very out of character for them to all of a sudden slap on a supercharger.
Not sure I agree. People said that Aston would never drop the V12 into the Vantage because it would provide too much competition to the DBS . . .

Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I didn't think that Aston would do this. Maybe some enterprising tuner like RSC?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:36 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Well now that the V12 is out ... its definitely not happening. Plus... I intend to prove that you don't need an SC to get crazy power
________
Web shows

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Well now that the V12 is out ... its definitely not happening. Plus... I intend to prove that you don't need an SC to get crazy power
Sounds like you're well on your way! Even though I don't have my V8 anymore, I'm eager to hear the results.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:53 AM
who knows ... hopefully many of the same types of mods I am doing can be applied to the V12.
________
Ebonyhunnyx

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by scottblack
A company in Europe claims to get 600HP from the 4.7L V8 in the Alfa 8C. This makes you wonder what we can get from the 4.3L and 4.7L V8 Vantage, doesn't it?

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/110509947
We already know the answer to that question...my car makes 534rwhp, so roughly 625hp at the engine. AM should really go this way, but I agree that they won't. Thankfully, the aftermarket is making up for that.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:23 PM
who knows ... hopefully many of the same types of mods I am doing can be applied to the V12.
I must admit that the thought has crossed my mind.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
We already know the answer to that question...my car makes 534rwhp, so roughly 625hp at the engine. AM should really go this way, but I agree that they won't. Thankfully, the aftermarket is making up for that.
Hmmm, maybe I should supercharge the V12. A 750+ bhp Vantage has a certain appeal to it, right?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Hmmm, maybe I should supercharge the V12. A 750+ bhp Vantage has a certain appeal to it, right?
Yeah definitely! Although you might have trouble finding room in the engine bay to fit the parts...it's a tight fit on the V8. You'd need a roots supercharger replacing the intake manifold similar to the RSC/Paramount kit that has been on again/off again for the last few years in order to make it happen.

I think you can get a lot from NA mods on the V12...600 hp should be easy.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
Yeah definitely! Although you might have trouble finding room in the engine bay to fit the parts...it's a tight fit on the V8. You'd need a roots supercharger replacing the intake manifold similar to the RSC/Paramount kit that has been on again/off again for the last few years in order to make it happen.

I think you can get a lot from NA mods on the V12...600 hp should be easy.
Yeah, I was kidding on the supercharger. That would be too much of a good thing IMO. 600 hp, however, sounds nice.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scottblack
I didn't think that Aston would do this. Maybe some enterprising tuner like RSC?
Sounds to me like you know something Scott...

Old 05-04-2011, 03:51 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I would settle for an ecu tune on the V12. It's already crazy fast and when AM put the DBR engine at 600HP in the car and called it the RSR, it was hard to keep on the road. So another 30-40 HP is probably as much as I would want. As far as the V8 is concerned, the twin screw SC from RSC still sounds like the most usable real world induction method. There was talk of a power pack for the 4.7 that would include a SC at AM about a year ago. I attended an insider get together and an English fellow from Gayden said that they were exploring something with low boost to get the 4.7 to 470 HP to help the 4.7 in the face of the V12V. I think that the Vantage S and the NP420 have sort of addressed this notion. I also don't think that the V12V hasn't affected the V8's sales. I wouldn't look for a move in that direction. The next big thing for AM is the use of the MB engines. I think that the DBS/DB9 and the Vantage are getting an overhaul shortly and we'll see lighter, techier cars.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I think that the DBS/DB9 and the Vantage are getting an overhaul shortly and we'll see lighter, techier cars.
They really need to do something new with the DB9 and DBS. The current models are getting a bit long in the tooth.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alfa 8C gets a supercharger - why not the V8 Vantage