Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Full Vehicle Clear Guard by Premier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Aston Martin Full Vehicle Clear Guard by Premier

We have been testing a new product to replace Ventureshield for quite some time now. With Venture's quality control down the hatch over the past few years, we at Premier knew that we would need to find a product and company that would last. We at Premier, now proudly offer Prestige Paint Protection Film by Prestige Films Technology. The clarity and durability of the product is at a level that is on par with the extremely high standards at Premier......the same standards that have helped us grow even through this Great Recession.

Below are photos of a Vantage that was fully wrapped with Prestige's paint protection film. Yes, every panel is wrapped in clear bra (clear guard). This customer of ours knew that if he is to wrap the entire vehicle that he can only take it to our facility. With this vehicle driven frequently, our client wants to protect it for years and years of enjoyment without worrying about vandalism and rock chips.

Enough talk, here are the results:

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 05-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
The wrap looks a little loose to me.

Any pics of the final result?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
If those are "the results", then I'll thave to take a pass....

Old 05-10-2011, 08:47 AM
BLAM is on a distinguished road
Too many bubbles.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:57 AM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
haha ya probably should’ve waited for photos until the car was done.

I actually would have been interested in a full wrap but, didn’t consider at the time of purchase. I figured I’d rather have the front resprayed (when I “retire” the car) then just a front wrap (where you can see the wrap line and have paint discoloration from less sun hitting it when the front wrap is taken off) but, a full wrap is a great option.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
More photos of the installation process

Old 05-10-2011, 03:39 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Very cool. My car feels so naked now. I only have the front end done.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
More photos to come

Old 05-11-2011, 09:26 AM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
What happens in an accident with body damage? Presumably you can't just "patch" the damaged area since there would be a seam where the old/new join, so would the car have to be completely rewrapped?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:01 AM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Great question!!

Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by keitheva
What happens in an accident with body damage? Presumably you can't just "patch" the damaged area since there would be a seam where the old/new join, so would the car have to be completely rewrapped?
The entire panel is to be re-wrapped if an accident occurs. If the car is in an accident, the entire panel itself (not just the film) would likely need to be replaced. The film is not indestructible and is designed for minor scrapes, rock chips, etc. To answer the question, only the panel that is damaged would need to be replaced.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
and the price for a full wrapped vantage is ...???

Old 05-11-2011, 01:09 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keitheva
Ahhhh....you just rewrap the affected panel, not the whole car.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:31 PM
HTP
HTP will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kba
haha ya probably should’ve waited for photos until the car was done.

I actually would have been interested in a full wrap but, didn’t consider at the time of purchase. I figured I’d rather have the front resprayed (when I “retire” the car) then just a front wrap (where you can see the wrap line and have paint discoloration from less sun hitting it when the front wrap is taken off) but, a full wrap is a great option.
Film will not cause the paint to fade at a different rate. If that were the case then film installers would have gone out of business years ago seeing there isnt any good in protecting the paint if its going to cause discoloration later on. I have personally pulled film off of cars that have been on 6-7 years and the paint is the same color... no fading... and as new as it was the day the film was installed.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:38 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
Just want to give a quick shout out to everyone at Premier for doing such an amazing job on my car as pictured above. Most people don't believe that I have a clear bra covering my entire car, which is probably the best compliment to Premier's work. But what I enjoyed most was dealing with the staff over at Premier, especially Greg. They are a great bunch of guys and very attentive to even the pickiest of customers like me.

And about the clear bra itself....I must say that it makes the cleaning process a lot easier. It seems like road elements and bug guts wipe off with very little effort. Maintenance of the film isn't too bad either...all you do is spray on this film cleanser; wipe if off and then apply sealant once a month. I believe wax can also be applied after the sealant for added gloss but I haven't done that yet.

Bottom line = if anyone wants peace-of-mind that they will never have to bust out the touch-up paint, I highly recommend going with a full wrap. It's not cheap, but then again it's much better than having to re-paint a panel or having to deal with swirl marks on the actual paint

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Full Vehicle Clear Guard by Premier