Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

TPMS Resync...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:22 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
This is as much as I have been able to find out. Our Astons came with a TPMS system manufactured by SmartTire. I just went to their website and found this:
"SmarTire products are no longer available in the passenger vehicle market and the company has ceased support for this product category.
Parts may be available at your local dealer, however, we retain no inventory to support service parts."

I know you can still get the sensors various places--including Tire Rack--for about $250 each.
Just for comparison, here's the replacement sensor for Cadillac for $47 each (but of course none of these "cheap sensors" will work with the A-M system).

http://www.amazon.com/Schrader-AirAware-20115-Cadillac-Chevrolet/dp/B002GYSOZ6

I've attached a small picture showing what the TPMS sensor looks like when its installed.
I found out from an A-M mechanic that if you buy TPMS sensors from the Aston dealer to have installed in new wheels, you may need to have the dealer use a special tool to re-sync each sensor to the command module. However, the module will stay synced to your original sensors, if you just swap them to your new wheels.

Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
they sell new sensors, for astons but they come with a new receiver as well. one with a digital screen. problem with our receiver is that since it does not have a screen we are not able to insert the sync codes.

these are devices that shouldn't even use a battery. they should work like automatic watches, using the kinetic energy of the tire.

Last edited by zambono; 06-01-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
MPOWER925 will become famous soon enough
My SmartTire receiver is blinking yellow all around except the Red section has a non flashing Red Light illuminated. From the Diagram the yellow means theres a fault within the system so im guessing the red light is causing the whole system to be corrupted. I found one supplier that states they have the right aftermarket tpms BUT the tpms are not color coded, would this be a problem? Anyone tried these before:

http://www.pyspeed.com/ProductDetail...de=RS-007-TPMS

Old 11-21-2012, 04:53 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
Mine started to blink not too long ago. I have a tire pressure gauge with me and check once in a while. I might by replacement sensors when I swap tires.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by MPOWER925
My SmartTire receiver is blinking yellow all around except the Red section has a non flashing Red Light illuminated. From the Diagram the yellow means theres a fault within the system so im guessing the red light is causing the whole system to be corrupted. I found one supplier that states they have the right aftermarket tpms BUT the tpms are not color coded, would this be a problem? Anyone tried these before:

http://www.pyspeed.com/ProductDetail...de=RS-007-TPMS
Ya I posted about these in a thread a while back but no one on the forum to my knowledge has ever tried them. Let us know if you install them. It's way cheaper than OEM. I was not impressed at all with the return policy however which is why I never pulled the trigger.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:16 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Batteries

Anyone know what type of battery these take? I need to re-sync since I added new wheels & tires and want to have new batteries ready to go in.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
As far as I know they are not replaceable. Irish or Fixer can chime in here. But I think if the battery is gone they may be done. Depends on the year and model though. Are you sure the sensors were put on in the same location with your new tires though (i.e. front/rear/right/left)? If not, that would @#$* it up.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:41 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
An '05 will have the original Smartire setup. Each sensor has its own battery, and when the battery dies, the sensor is trash.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:11 PM
MPOWER925 will become famous soon enough
yup, when battery is done tpms is trash. I might just bite the bullet and gamble on these aftermarket sensors. I wouldnt even mind disabling the sensor but from what i've read, unplugging the receiver wont help. I would rather donate $1k than spend it on a set of tpms

Old 11-22-2012, 05:55 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Here's a thread at PistonHeads on some wiring mods to disable the TPMS dash warning. Haven't tried it myself, but sounds like it works.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:37 PM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
when I was a member of the corvette forums, there was a guy on there that would take the old TPMS sensors, dig out the glue, and reinstall new batteries for $25.00/ sensor.
He said that apparently it was not very difficult and could be reassembled with new epoxy adhesive in under 15 minutes per sensor.
I can't recall his e-mail address, but he might still be around on that forum. It's worth a shot for someone to try, if spending a $1000.00 on new sensors isn't in your future.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:40 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
$ 1K for new sensors is as ridiculous as a $ 500 re-badged Volvo Remote. I sure won't be paying that and will dig out those batteries when they're toast. Anyone have a dead sensor laying around mail it to me and I'll get to work and figure out how its done.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ if anyone can figure this out Duane can! Anyone know of there was a difference between the original TPMS when they had the box in the truck and then the later cars when they didn't ? Same sensor or systems were talking about?

Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Doing some more research on these, it appears the sensors 'sleep' when not in motion and that should project battery life out to close to 10 years on them.

Here's a drop in replacement for much less than the dealer prices:

http://www.carid.com/2006-aston-mart...FUOK4AodFksAPA

Old 11-23-2012, 01:14 PM
When I last recall Irish posting on these, he said they were seeing failures about 5-6 years out IIRC. Sure would be great to have a non OEM option though. Hoping someone bites the bullet on one of these sets or figures out the DIY battery replacement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPMS Resync...