Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alarm module location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sonnyd
Irish07, how do I know if it's a door module or the alarm module that's defective without plugging into AMDS? Neither fob is working consistently, and I get the "alarm requires service" text 90% of the time. Sometimes playing with the lock/unlock switch on the center console resolves the text, sometimes it makes the message show up.
You don't, really has to be scanned and faults looked at..then tested

Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Greg Ogilvie
Hi there

Could you please tell me when you replaced the module, did the light go off automatically or did you have to reset it? If you did reset it how did you do it?
I have just spoken to my dealer in SA and they have told me it has to be reset on their computer!! dont know if they're just trying to make money off me!!!
Dealer will need to clear the faults in the CEM, untill then fault will be displayed in the dash msg area..

Old 04-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Greg Ogilvie is on a distinguished road
Thanks for lettling me know. Do you know if there is any way of testing them. I am in South Africa and our dealers want the equivalent of 620 Dollars for the part only!! I am just weary about fitting it and not knowing if the problem is then fixed!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
When the car is scanned with AMDS, you can check the CEM module for a Alarm Slave Node Fault..If there is power and ground present at the alarm module..batteries are dead in the module..alarm module will need to be replaced and faults will need to be cleared

Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 PM
liurad will become famous soon enoughliurad will become famous soon enough
faulty text cleared after module replaced. Cable plug hints

The faulty text "alarm system service required" cleared itself after the sounder module was replaced. No need to see the dealer to clear it. My wife has a 2007 DB9. Can not say about other models.

Re: unplugging the cable from the old sounder: very tricky. I had to use a very thin screw driver to stick into the side of the plug and pried it out of the locking tab and pulled at the same time. Loosen the sounder module to see the tricky part, and put it back in place to anchor it before you stick a screw driver and pull it out. That's after failed attempts of pulling it out with brute force and priers which almost destroyed it. (Thank God that I came to my senses and looked for other solutions) Look at the new module female socket and you will see a little tab on which the plug will click to lock.

There maybe another way of doing it as described in the prev post. But, I did not remember to follow it when I was replacing the module. Hope this helps.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to help me solve this particular problem without a trip to the dealer. Part costs: $230

Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 AM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the follow up post!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:15 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
Just wanted to say thanks! The DIY just helped me replace my faulty alarm module.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:37 PM
dirkdaddy is on a distinguished road
Hello, I know this is a not a current topic but its on the same subject. My DB9 flattened the main battery for some reason, I have reset the door windows which work well now, but still have the alarm system "RESET NEEDED" on the display. This is a new issue.

Anyone know if this will take care of itself after a few cycles? If it is the battery being flat, I am assuming the alarm battery in the thing will recharge itself if that was the problem with getting the message after the battery drained. I am still unsure why the battery drained, it seems to have taken a charge and load tests OK, the charging system load tests good too. I thought if a light or something was left on it would turn it off.

Trying to avoid just buying parts to see if I can fix it. Of course I could take for dealer service that that always ends up very costly.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by dirkdaddy
Hello, I know this is a not a current topic but its on the same subject. My DB9 flattened the main battery for some reason, I have reset the door windows which work well now, but still have the alarm system "RESET NEEDED" on the display. This is a new issue.

Anyone know if this will take care of itself after a few cycles? If it is the battery being flat, I am assuming the alarm battery in the thing will recharge itself if that was the problem with getting the message after the battery drained. I am still unsure why the battery drained, it seems to have taken a charge and load tests OK, the charging system load tests good too. I thought if a light or something was left on it would turn it off.

Trying to avoid just buying parts to see if I can fix it. Of course I could take for dealer service that that always ends up very costly.
The battery in the alarm module will not recharge, it has a average life span of 4-5 years..if the alarm service required msg is shwoing in the cluster, you can get the vehicle scanned by your local dealer and they can verify if the code for the alarm module batteries is present..aka you would be 100% sure a alarm module is needed. ..9.9999-out-of-10 the alarm module is the faulty part..due to the alarm battery pack going dead/flat.

For your vehicle battery to go dead, did you just store the car and not disconnect the battery..or put a trickle charger on it at 2amp charge?

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks for advice. Its 07 so the battery in the alarm system is probably flat. I will try to find the discounted price that folks mention.

I am flummoxed so far by why the battery died, but someone else drove it. We store it with the trickle charger hooked up, it had been on the trickle charger, it cranked up normally (I was there) and they drove off, but for the trip home the battery was flat. (?) I will re-load test the battery since the cover is still off and all that, but seems odd. I was able to start the car no problem in order to test the charging system. Connections look perfect. Something must have drained the thing.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
When you hooked up the trickle charger, did you push the battery disconnect switch?

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-15-2013, 01:37 PM
No we did not hit the disconnect switch. The car is always plugged in when at home, and its never given issue this way. Just a bit odd behavior. I may take it for a spin and see what it looks like when I come back to garage and park it - at least it will be in the garage if there's an issue and it wont crank. The battery is still slightly low at 12.4 volts but the trickle charger is not putting out a lot and its a big battery. There is a radar hard wired in and a radar jammer, but those have been installed for a long time w/o issues, however they could have messed up.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
Does the vehicle display the correct ambient "exterior" temp in the radio display area?

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 AM
I talked to the driver and I am pretty sure the answer to the drained battery question is that the valet left the headlights on. On many cars this is computer controlled, but the '06 I am guessing is a manual setup when you turn it to "ON" and not wait for the lights to come on. DOH!!
Battery load tested again very well, going to consider this case solved.

I found a security module for $200 so I think that will solve that error message, just confirming fitment now. Thanks for help folks.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:54 PM
The part number from Aston for 06 DB9 is supposed to be (according to a vendor / dealer)

OEM # 4G43-37-10253
---------------------------------------------
My unit has Volvo / Delphi number

VWK 500040 00

the number below the bar code is
S32 01236544

I looked at the unit (located behind back wheel, on the '06 at least you can look from opening where muffler is over and see it some, but I also removed screws to fenderliner in rear and rear tire, a bit overkill. This to get visual, to remove - remove the rear fender well.

Not sure if the one I found which looks identical but has different part numbers would work. Its supposed to be the part for the DB9, perhaps the newer part number is slightly improved version. ?

---------

UPDATE

The dealer can't even tell me if the car has the inclination sensor or not. Apparently 06 they did not keep as good of records. Systems also changed in 07 and in 08 they all now use the same part.

The part number I showed above are for the Volvo part number and Delphi, so the Aston dealer cannot cross reference as Aston gets them and reprograms them to their system then assigns part numbers, but no stickers I guess. Both parts look identical according to the dealer. I am ordering one and giving it a shot. If it doesn't work I may have one to sell !

Last edited by dirkdaddy; 04-16-2013 at 05:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alarm module location?