Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Potential 06-07' V8V Owner, quick questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 01:42 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Potential 06-07' V8V Owner, quick questions.

Hey guys, well I'm ready to finally get into an AM which I've longed for years. Recently returning from a deployment in Afghanistan leaves me with a budget of $70K and have been primarily identifying 06' and 07's within this range.

One of the things I noticed between the 06's and 07's is the seats. Obviously the 07's have better looking seats, but is there anything more that I should focus my attention and spending of a few extra grand more?

Bottomline, I've got my eye out on the following two AM V8V's and working with the dealer on trimming down the pricing.
http://www.jemmotorcorp.com/detail-2...d-8075480.html

http://www.jakesmotorcars.com/web/ve...photos/2285945

Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:16 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't say the seats in the 07 are better looking. In fact, I prefer the look of the earlier seats, but unfortunately my butt says otherwise.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
If you can stretch, get a 2009 with the 4.7L.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:13 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I wouldn't say the seats in the 07 are better looking. In fact, I prefer the look of the earlier seats, but unfortunately my butt says otherwise.

I agree here as well. The 06 seats also seem to have more bolstering IMO. They held me better, whereas the 07+ seemed like they were slightly wider (perhaps a change for the US market ).

Old 12-23-2011, 10:30 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
You might also search Yahoo cars and autotrader. Be aware that most Astons came with $15,000 to $20,000 of factory installed Options, so you want to pay attention to the Options that are on the car you are looking for--such as HID lights, bright Chrome Grill, Cruise Control, Nav System, Heated seats, Upgraded Audio, etc. Don't hesitate to look outside your local area for the car you want--It's a fun drive home.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:24 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
I too was in the market for an '07 around $70k but ended up with an '08 Nurburgring Edition so keep your options open for the right car! The right one will grab you.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I prefer the '07+ seats as well.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:23 AM
brabham79 is on a distinguished road
i love that bitter chocolate with the light stitching. my regret was not waiting for the right one of those to come along.
my thing with the 4.7 vs the 4.3 is, speed is not the shining point of this car, even all the way to the v12 version. get the one you can afford, because they all look the same and that is a gorgeous thing

Old 12-24-2011, 11:28 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brabham79
i love that bitter chocolate with the light stitching. my regret was not waiting for the right one of those to come along.
my thing with the 4.7 vs the 4.3 is, speed is not the shining point of this car, even all the way to the v12 version. get the one you can afford, because they all look the same and that is a gorgeous thing
I agree with this....in that I was a bit disappointed with the power/torque of the Vantage, but clearly that is not its forte....it is just absolutely stunning!

Old 12-24-2011, 02:11 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
thanks for all the response guys, i really value the feedback.

im coming from a Exige S240 which is completely another car from a V8V. i test drove a few V8V's and founding myself "trying" to like the car more than i could. don't get me wrong, the AM is a beautiful car that i've idolized for years and will continue to. but the fact that im forcing myself to settle with what i can get/afford (an 06'-07' 4.3) really makes me think i should continue to hold out until a 4.7 is within reach.

i know when it comes to exotics, waiting is the hardest thing to do when you know what you really want. i think i might stay the route of a new lotus (new Evora non-S) until the 4.7's become a little more affordable for me.

nevertheless, great tips and potential buyer help! who knows, maybe a AM V8V can steal my heart before i get an Evora.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:06 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by elude
thanks for all the response guys, i really value the feedback.

im coming from a Exige S240 which is completely another car from a V8V. i test drove a few V8V's and founding myself "trying" to like the car more than i could. don't get me wrong, the AM is a beautiful car that i've idolized for years and will continue to. but the fact that im forcing myself to settle with what i can get/afford (an 06'-07' 4.3) really makes me think i should continue to hold out until a 4.7 is within reach.

i know when it comes to exotics, waiting is the hardest thing to do when you know what you really want. i think i might stay the route of a new lotus (new Evora non-S) until the 4.7's become a little more affordable for me.

nevertheless, great tips and potential buyer help! who knows, maybe a AM V8V can steal my heart before i get an Evora.
There is no replacement for displacement, but you can get 4.7 or even "S" power with a couple of upgrades to a 4.3. Talk to Stuart at RSC.

A good ECU tune with CATs, filters and exhaust. There is a recent thread where CJ posted his dyno gains after adding cats. I will be doing the same in a couple weeks.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:45 PM
ZuSchnell is on a distinguished road
I just got my Vantage and it was the seats that made me pick an '07.

To me the car is not a power monster but just a great package overall.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:33 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I'm really happy with my 07 especially with my Larini cats and Miltek rear box. My car was optioned well but I was able to get nav, iPod and blue tooth with the installation of a satellite radio dock for my iPhone. Good luck.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:45 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I loved my 07 and did all the common upgrades (AM power pack, exhaust, etc.). When I was done, no 4.7L car would run away from me. But as much as I loved it, I knew that starting with the 4.7L engine with its better torque was more in line with my expectations. Don't get me wrong, I still miss my 4.3L 2007 and would own it again in a heartbeat. But I always wished I had the 4.7L engine.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:38 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
So Scottblack, I'm assuming that you now own a v12 vantage (from the photo). How do you like it and how does it compare to your 07?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Potential 06-07' V8V Owner, quick questions.