Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

RSC tuning mods

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:59 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
RSC tuning mods

Howdy! I just purchased my first Aston, a 2008 v8v roadster and will be sending it to the shop for mods shortly. Since only one other person has shown their independent dyno tests before and afterm, I thought I would help out and do the same. I am scheduled a few weeks out to get the dyno test, then install the rsc 200 cats as well as the performoance filters. Then redo dyno. I will later on add the ecu reprogram and will redo dyno before and after as well.

Any other local Dallas based Aston owners that have used Dallas performance for their work? Thoughts on other local shops?

Old 01-14-2012, 11:33 AM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Thanks for posting up the results, many will appreciate it. I'm from DFW area as well, PM sent (don't know if you'll be able to reply yet with your post count).

Old 01-14-2012, 12:32 PM
P-Gunna is on a distinguished road
Make sure you give us your impressions on the shop. I want to drop mine with some springs but I don't want the dealer to install them. My 09 AMV is at Aston of Dallas getting it's clutch replaced. All my aftermarket parts are from RSC. Stuart is a good guy.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:36 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
I had the dealer in Scottsdale put my RSC springs and aligment just in case.

Changing the springs is not that easy.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
I just installed the RSC cats in my garage today and did dynos before and will do some after later this week. I was at 365 at the fly in a 4.3L with power upgrade, exhaust and filters!

Old 01-14-2012, 08:39 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Wow its amazing how Aston Martin claims 400HP at the crank with the power upgrade.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:23 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new v8v! I think some mods from rsc would do well for ya!

Old 01-15-2012, 11:11 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
I just installed the RSC cats in my garage today and did dynos before and will do some after later this week. I was at 365 at the fly in a 4.3L with power upgrade, exhaust and filters!
Only quote the rear wheel HP....anything else is pretty meaningless.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 AM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
365 at the fly would mean around 300 whp....after the mods. The car appears to be less powerful than most stock vantages AFTER the mods. Weird.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:32 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
It was 364 at the wheel, my apologies! I just completed the RSC 200 cell cats install in my garage and will post the pre dyno at 364 rwp as well as thoughts on how it has transformed the car. I will be doing post dynos this week.

If one is to assume 20% drivetrain loss the car has over 450hp at the fly before the cats.

More to come in new thread.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
It was 364 at the wheel, my apologies! I just completed the RSC 200 cell cats install in my garage and will post the pre dyno at 364 rwp as well as thoughts on how it has transformed the car. I will be doing post dynos this week.

If one is to assume 20% drivetrain loss the car has over 450hp at the fly before the cats.

More to come in new thread.
Assuming any specific drivetrain loss is a fools errand. Hey, I've got 50% drivetrain loss, my engine puts out 728hp !!!

Old 01-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Assuming any specific drivetrain loss is a fools errand. Hey, I've got 50% drivetrain loss, my engine puts out 728hp !!!
Instead of adding no value, why not suggest what you recommend the drivetrain loss for the Vantage as being?

In our own forum and at the place that did my dyno, they said to assume 20%. In everything I have read the range seems to be roughly 15%-25%. Point is, it varies and one can ONLY assume unless you actually dyno the engine......so please feel free to help educate those of us on what you believe drivetrain loss should be.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6625216_calc...rse-power.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/id12.html
http://www.car-videos.net/articles/h...wer_torque.asp

Last edited by DetomasoGTS74; 01-15-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Instead of adding no value, why not suggest what you recommend the drivetrain loss for the Vantage as being?

In our own forum and at the place that did my dyno, they said to assume 20%. In everything I have read the range seems to be roughly 15%-25%. Point is, it varies and one can ONLY assume unless you actually dyno the engine......so please feel free to help educate those of us on what you believe drivetrain loss should be.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6625216_calc...rse-power.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/id12.html
http://www.car-videos.net/articles/h...wer_torque.asp
You missed the point entirely. You can assume anything you want, but it doesn't make it right, and even a few percentage points one way or the other makes a huge difference in the 'engine' HP, and therefore is worthless. You want to brag? Then assume a loss on the high side (25%). You want to be conservative? Then assume 15%.

If you assume 25%, you're blowing smoke up everyone's a** (including your own), and if you assume 15%, everyone will say you've got a dog of an engine.

The only thing that matters is rear wheel corrected HP, and even that has some fuzziness. But assuming anything for drivetrain loss and thinking that it has any validity is BS, plain and simple.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:35 AM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
20% seems like a very reasonable estimate to me. Porsche's are thought to be around 15%, but they're rear-engined and have less drivetrain inertia. Also, the vantage has been noted for having heavy drivetrain components.

That said, I don't think your dyno reading is representative of the cars true power....but the important thing is that you *feel* the difference.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
To be conservative, let's say it's 18% ... That's still 443hp at crank. It's certainly believable, I ran similar numbers with just Eurocharged tune and RPI cutback (nothing else). Cats should add another 15 roughly. It is impressive how quickly you can make power on these 4.3L motors once you address the key areas

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: RSC tuning mods