Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V ECU Malfunction??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by irish07
Right rear wheel is coming off, and then take out the inner wheel well lining completely, then stick your head in there and look up to the left..black plate with 4x8mm bolts..remove and there it is your CRM
Where is CRM module in 2009 DB9?
Can one replace. By him self. I am bit of comfortable with opening and replacing parts.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Sry I chimed in late, been real busy. In deed it sounds like the CRM(convert roof module). The lights in the dash are hish speed can and the msg area are low speed can networks. The CRM bring down the low speed network which is why your msg display went blank.
Don't know how much labour they charged but about 1-1.5hr replacement of module would be averaged

Hi Irish07,

I got the CRM module disconnected, everything is back but red brake light is still on. Can I drive the car without CRM till I install new one.
What should I do about brake light warning?
My brake pads are new, brake fluid is at MAX.
Any idea where should I buy CRM. The one I pulled out has part number 4G43-13B-524-CC.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Sry for the late response...Yes you can drive the car without the CRM attached

There have been many changes in part numbers for CRM's, think the latest is 9G43-L53085-AE ..module requires flash for your vehicle spec by dealer.

The warning light, if there are no warning msg's in the dash other than the ABS light on, hard to tell unless plugged in to the dealer scanner AMDS.. but the red brake light is for brake fluid and parking brake lever..if you have already verified the correct fluid level and that the parking brake lever is fully disengaged...would need to be scanned by dealer

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Sry for the late response...Yes you can drive the car without the CRM attached

There have been many changes in part numbers for CRM's, think the latest is 9G43-L53085-AE ..module requires flash for your vehicle spec by dealer.

The warning light, if there are no warning msg's in the dash other than the ABS light on, hard to tell unless plugged in to the dealer scanner AMDS.. but the red brake light is for brake fluid and parking brake lever..if you have already verified the correct fluid level and that the parking brake lever is fully disengaged...would need to be scanned by dealer
thanks you Irsih07, you are so right on money.
red brake was parking brake, got corrected.

I ordered part mentioned form Astonmartincarparts.com.
do you have any idea how much is should be to flash the module.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Really can't quote on labour prices unless it was the shop I work at, but time wise it shouldn't be more than an hour, anything over that time would need explaining ..ex: trouble programming, miscommunication.. etc..CRM's have a bad flash protocal, sometimes it can take a couple flash attempts to complete and other flash perfectly on the first try..why this is, I have no answer..

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Really can't quote on labour prices unless it was the shop I work at, but time wise it shouldn't be more than an hour, anything over that time would need explaining ..ex: trouble programming, miscommunication.. etc..CRM's have a bad flash protocal, sometimes it can take a couple flash attempts to complete and other flash perfectly on the first try..why this is, I have no answer..
So I can install it then drive to dealer at later time point ? Days/week and have them flash it or it needs to be flashed by them right away. Or its flashed without the car? Say I just take the CRM to them.
Do they need to take out CRM to flash it?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
The CRM is flashed through the OBD port..so module needs to be in place and connected.

I've never put a CRM in and driven un-flashed for days/weeks..I've always flashed it on teh spot. But I have noticed some CRM's dont allow window function..all depends on what state the "module tester" left the CRM when he completed his/her test on teh module during build..if he left it in a state with the top moving..you will have no window function..if it was a V8V program in that module, it will be looking to talk with the tonneau latch module software(which is different than DB9)..none of this will happen so the window will be in hold mode to wait for clearance to close window...

You can install the module and then drive to the dealer to flash, thats not a problem, but make sure you tie-rap the module connectors like it was when removing otherwise they WILL come off...but it's a hit and miss of what window/top functions you will have ablility to adjust untill flashed...you might even be lucky and have the correct software on there

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-30-2014, 11:29 AM
THANSK YOU IRISH07
I asked the vendor and he says it comes ready from factory.
So if I install it and window, roof everything works , do I still need to flash it?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
If it's a used parts..sure it will be programmed if you get one for your vin range. If it's a new part, I can assure you all are not calibrated to a 2009 DB9 and not all modules the functiosn will work. The moduel is not ordered to VIN, it is ordered to a VIN range. When you flash the car, dealer tool looks at the CEM and get the current built data, it then flashes the CRM with teh required door module programming needed...there are old and new type door modules

Then your also stuck on the what model vehicle was the module programmed to..it's a different part number for V8V to DB9, but this is only becasue the brakcet comes with the module for DB9, as for the module it's self..there the same part..

So does this CRM your ordering come with old or new type door module programming, if the module is new, the vender will not be able to tell me this..cause neither can my parts guy..if the module is used, sure vender can tell you what car it came from..

It's a hit and miss with 50/50 of will it work 100% ...once you get it, plug it in and check everything..if something doesn't work, you will need to get it flashed...I've always flashed every new CRM and have had many that the windows won't even work untill flashed, window's wouldn't even move if I forced a calibration with AMDS...but I have the AMDS on hand to do what ever I require, so it's a no-brainer for me to flash the CRM module

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-30-2014, 05:18 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
Hello Irish,
jut for my understanding,mine is a coupé, do you have to request a flash file from the factory as for new engine ECU's,or can you just program it with an up to date AMDS?

Old 05-01-2014, 06:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by CARAIBAM
Hello Irish,
jut for my understanding,mine is a coupé, do you have to request a flash file from the factory as for new engine ECU's,or can you just program it with an up to date AMDS?
To program a new engine ecu, all keys are required and the flash file is already on AMDS...to flash an exsisting engine ecu with the latest flash, only 1 key is needed and AMDS has the software already..nothing needs to be ordered in relation to software for an engine ecu flash

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-01-2014, 06:57 AM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Irish, for the CRM file also stored in the AMDS then?

Old 05-01-2014, 06:59 AM
If it's a used parts..sure it will be programmed if you get one for your vin range. If it's a new part, I can assure you all are not calibrated to a 2009 DB9 and not all modules the functiosn will work. The moduel is not ordered to VIN, it is ordered to a VIN range. When you flash the car, dealer tool looks at the CEM and get the current built data, it then flashes the CRM with teh required door module programming needed...there are old and new type door modules

Then your also stuck on the what model vehicle was the module programmed to..it's a different part number for V8V to DB9, but this is only becasue the brakcet comes with the module for DB9, as for the module it's self..there the same part..

So does this CRM your ordering come with old or new type door module programming, if the module is new, the vender will not be able to tell me this..cause neither can my parts guy..if the module is used, sure vender can tell you what car it came from..

It's a hit and miss with 50/50 of will it work 100% ...once you get it, plug it in and check everything..if something doesn't work, you will need to get it flashed...I've always flashed every new CRM and have had many that the windows won't even work untill flashed, window's wouldn't even move if I forced a calibration with AMDS...but I have the AMDS on hand to do what ever I require, so it's a no-brainer for me to flash the CRM module
Irish07,
Winters are much nicer in Florida, have you thought of playing snow bird?
I wish you were close by.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by CARAIBAM
Thanks Irish, for the CRM file also stored in the AMDS then?
Yes, all module files are on AMDS, you just need to order a file from Gaydon when your car didn't come with it from the factory build..so if you install new style door modules and need to retrofit them, a new file will need to be made..aka ordered from Gaydon

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Wildcat1212
Irish07,
Winters are much nicer in Florida, have you thought of playing snow bird?
I wish you were close by.
Hehe..I'm well adapted to Canadain winters now..I travel a lot for work trainings, I also do Bentley so I was just in Davie a week ago for 6 days..Goto Cali a lot to for Aston

Luckily, I get my "FIX" during the winter months!

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8V ECU Malfunction??